Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with CAI on 5sfe GT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
tt966g
I got a Cold Air Intake kit for my 95 GT vert and was wondering if someone ran into this issue. It has a hole for the crankcase vent but the oem goes from the crankcase to the throttle housing. My question is should I route the hose from the crankcase to the cold intake hole in the pipe and plug the throttle housing hole or should I just plug the the hole on the CAI pipe?

Any suggestions
5sfe

Note the kit has two holes one for the sensor and the other for the crankcase
Smaay
that hole is probably for the intake air temp sensor
bccentaur3
if you look at your intake box iirc the sensor is plugged in there.
tt966g
The kit has two holes one for the sensor and one for the crankcase

QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jan 21, 2009 - 2:31 PM) *

tt966g
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jan 21, 2009 - 2:31 PM) *

bccentaur3
well then, just plug up the hole for the crankcase vent on the CAI. Leave the hose going to the TB. Its not that big of a deal.
Jaws4God
I don't think it really matters.. I left my hose from crankcase to tb.. then plugged the one hole with my air temp sensor.
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE (tt966g @ Jan 21, 2009 - 2:22 PM) *
I got a Cold Air Intake kit for my 95 GT vert and was wondering if someone ran into this issue. It has a hole for the crankcase vent but the oem goes from the crankcase to the throttle housing. My question is should I route the hose from the crankcase to the cold intake hole in the pipe and plug the throttle housing hole or should I just plug the the hole on the CAI pipe?

Any suggestions
5sfe

Note the kit has two holes one for the sensor and the other for the crankcase

Plug it smile.gif

-Doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.