Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building my block
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Smaay
im going to post a progress thread of building my block and and turboing the 5S-FE. ill start it out with pics as i paint the block. i had it sand blasted this morning and then took it to a car wash to pressure spray it clean. it started to rust right away. here are the intial pics. more will come soon as i build it up

presure2
lookin good man!
bccentaur3
So are you going to use the 3s rods with the machined down crank? What pistons are you using?
RavenAegis45
It does look good, I remember reading an Article that certain car makers like BMW would age there engine blocks by letting them sit in the elements for a bit and let them rust. I never got what that was suppose to do to the block? but anyways your block is looking sweet. Hope your build comes out looking good, best of luck to you
Smaay
due to money and time constraints, im going to just use all stock parts. just re-fresh the engine with new rings and bearing and gaskets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.