Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you guys think of my plan?
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
bccentaur3
So I just sold my celica and I am about to pick up a st165 shell. Now I don't want to buy another 3sgte, some like them, but I want to do something diff and do some big things with the 5sfe motor.

So the plan is, get the st165 harness done to work with a rev2 5sfe motor. I will stick with the crank and go with some pauter rods and cp pistons. cometic head gasket and arp head bolts. I plan on going with the fidenza lw flywheel with a stage 4 clutch from doc. I will be using the 93 awd lsd trans from the swap since the st165 doesn't have the motor nor trans.

I'm just a little worried on how everythings going to mount up. Now I know that if you have a 3sfe or 5sfe the 3sgte will drop right in. Duhhh I should know I did my own swap. But will the 5sfe mate up to the awd trans? I mean there are a few bolts in the back of the block that holds the trans in.

But obviously with the engine upgrades I will not be using the typical CT series turbos. T3 is the way to go.

Discuss.
bccentaur3
No one thinks this is a good plan?
njccmd2002
why st165? put a v 6
Supersprynt
I don't like it.
lagos
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Feb 2, 2009 - 12:10 PM) *
No one thinks this is a good plan?

Hang on... you want to take a 4th gen alltrac, and stick a 5sfe in it, and spend money on building it up?
Why? If I were you I would get a nice 3rd gen st205 motor and trans and have a bangin gt4 with a lot of potential.
The problem with the 5sfTe is that you are really limited by how much hp you can make out of them. This limitation is going to show its self quickly with an awd car.
bccentaur3
I was thinking 3rd gen too, but I just wanted to be a little different. Njcc how am I an idiot? Why would you even need to argue with me? I just wanted to go a different route with this project is all.
manphibian
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Feb 2, 2009 - 9:45 PM) *
I was thinking 3rd gen too, but I just wanted to be a little different. Njcc how am I an idiot? Why would you even need to argue with me? I just wanted to go a different route with this project is all.

To be fair, i don't think he is calling you an idiot, i think that is just his sig wink.gif
soulshadow
I too would like to see a V6 awd. I think it would mate up considering how its the same motor that could be used with the 3s or 5s trannies. Lots of work tho.
95CelicaST
Sounds like a dumb idea to me. Why get an alltrac for a GT motor? Save yourself some dough and drop in a 205 drivetrain. Drink a beer and call it a day.
njccmd2002
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Feb 2, 2009 - 4:45 PM) *

LOL thats my signature..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

I never disrespect people here wink.gif . At least i dont write it... biggrin.gif
bccentaur3
oh so sorry. I knew you wouldn't say such a thing to a member. I was on the cell phone at work reading this and your sig just popped out like you typed it hahaha.

Yeah i know it won't make huge power, but wouldn't it be something different? It just would help a lot in minnesota weather is all.
lagos
Being unique and slow still sucks.
Supersprynt
Words to live by.
bccentaur3
O well. Still something I want to do. But what about HARDTARGET? He claims the 5s block is stronger than the 3s block. Its not like I race around town. I just feel that the torque on the 5s will be nice for an awd set-up.
Supersprynt
It's less about the block more about the head.
lagos
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Feb 3, 2009 - 2:07 PM) *
O well. Still something I want to do. But what about HARDTARGET? He claims the 5s block is stronger than the 3s block. Its not like I race around town. I just feel that the torque on the 5s will be nice for an awd set-up.

Hardtarget doesnt have a 5sfTe. He has a 3sgte stroker motor, using the 5s block.
He's also not saying that the 5sfe is a stronger motor, just that the block itself is cast better for his 1000+hp car. Thats not something thats going to apply to anyone else on this site.
95celgt
if you said 5sgte then yea, unless you just want the crapload of torque only
bccentaur3
okay okay. You guys suck!!! I'm going with a 3rd gen hoping to get a 205 rear differential too. wish me luck.
95celgt
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY goodluck man!!!
lagos
finally a plan that makes sense. good luck!
Supersprynt
bccentaur3
Sweet approval finally. I'll post pics when I get the shell. And the progress of the project. I'm no as sad that I sold the 6th gen, but I finally got what I finally wanted. awd turbo with zero chances of crank walk hahaha.
Batman722
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64534
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.