Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2AZ-FE in a celica?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
OwnDcelica
I believe i saw a thread about this a while ago, but i was not sure of where it was. I was looking at my brother's TC thinking "that would be interesting putting that in my celica." so thus the question emerges, Can a 2AZ-FE fit in our Celicas?
Cuts_the_Pilot
anything will fit with enough money and enough engineering.

if its a feasable and reasonable option is another thing
DEATH
Actually I'm halfway sure it'll bolt right up to the S54 [GT] Tranny. DrTweak would probably be the closest to us being able to confirm this.
The question to ask is why bother tho? Doesn't make an exciting amount of power and isn't much more powerful in stock form than a stock 5S-FE.
Dr_Tweak
Seem like it probably would, yeah. It would be a good option if someone had a blown 5S and a cheap 2AZ available to them. Otherwise, there isn't much point, as mentioned.

-Doc
Smaay
i dont think its worth it, think of the wiring mess that would create. plus you can get a 5S-FE pretty cheap.
RavenAegis45
yeah I think just trying to wire up the VVT-i and the Coiled Ignition not to mention all the various sensors that go with this engine would be a Pain in the neck. you'd probably be more satisfied just putting that money into rebuilding a 5S
OwnDcelica
Alright cool i wanted to get some feedback because i have a 2AZ just sittin around, so i was just curious.
BonzaiCelica
ya not much power difference between 5sfe. A race between a celica gt with cold air intake and headers with full system exhaust would probably be an even match with a scion tc. Scion's are SLOW
RavenAegis45
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Feb 10, 2009 - 11:46 PM) *
ya not much power difference between 5sfe. A race between a celica gt with cold air intake and headers with full system exhaust would probably be an even match with a scion tc. Scion's are SLOW

well not completely true

tC's have potential. the 2AZ can be considered an upgrade over the 5S with it main advantages being the VVT-i device and 0.2 Liters more of displacment not to mention its lighter weight block being aluminium rather than cast Iron. our Celica's do have a slight weight advantage over the tC's but the tC just has a bigger more advance engine with more potential to tune especially with a warranty from TRD lol. but I don't like tC's cuz there so bland and lack-luster.
spolski07
can u imagine the supercharged 2az in our cars? mmm
808celica
QUOTE (spolski07 @ Feb 10, 2009 - 10:05 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif super charged 3zz mo' bettah biggrin.gif
99GT
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=332390

2GRFE - how to get 275rwhp with stock Toyota reliability and no body modifications.

QUOTE (Gouky)
this is what you're doing all this work for:

V6 POWER!

RavenAegis45
QUOTE (808celica @ Feb 11, 2009 - 5:08 AM) *
QUOTE (spolski07 @ Feb 10, 2009 - 10:05 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif super charged 3zz mo' bettah biggrin.gif

A 3ZZ? isnt that like a 1.6L or something? do you mean a 2ZZ-GE from the Celica GT-S?
DEATH
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Feb 10, 2009 - 9:46 PM) *

Not even close - my last car was pretty much what you describe and I owned both my tC and my buddy's release edition several times each. They are soooo piggy - total let down car. That's why I no longer own one.
laugh.gif
RavenAegis45
QUOTE (DEATH @ Feb 12, 2009 - 10:51 AM) *
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Feb 10, 2009 - 9:46 PM) *

Not even close - my last car was pretty much what you describe and I owned both my tC and my buddy's release edition several times each. They are soooo piggy - total let down car. That's why I no longer own one.
laugh.gif

Huh? do you mean you raced them several times? which car are you referring to as piggy the Celica or the tC?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.