Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [update 10/18/2015] shigexile's Preface SS-Four
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Shigexile
QUOTE (richee3 @ Sep 12, 2009 - 11:51 PM) *
I just now found this thread... I have no idea where I have been. Car's looking great! Keep up the good work.

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Oct 27, 2009 - 11:43 AM) *
when the hell did this happen?

Early this year

QUOTE (malpaso @ Oct 27, 2009 - 1:36 PM) *
And why those amazing pictures were not in calendar submissions? kindasad.gif

Because i don't think its good enough to be in the 6gc calender. There are many more other member's ride that are calender worthy.

QUOTE (808celica @ Oct 27, 2009 - 2:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Oct 27, 2009 - 6:43 AM) *
when the hell did this happen?

Feb. 11, 2009 laugh.gif For some reason it looks like a Badger to me confused.gif

needs a front lip

A badger? gee thanks, i don't know if i should be hurt by you saying that or just feel insulted and deal with it.

Yeah, other people suggested a lip too but it didn't look clean with the current choice of lip. My original plan was with one on but dropped the idea since the prototype image on photoshop.
I currently have euro front splitters on now and still need to paint them and see if i like them like that, and am in the process of photoshopping other front lips onto the car.

but sadly, don't have the flexibility of money now. Just bought seats for the driver side not too long ago and spending money on my girl's 7gen to fix it.

QUOTE (Random_Stranger @ Oct 27, 2009 - 4:05 PM) *
Ay Shig! Why didn't you put these up for the Calendar? Those shots are by far one of the most amazing shots I have ever seen.

thanks!

QUOTE (TiGZ461 @ Oct 27, 2009 - 4:03 PM) *
The front end reminds me of the 7g so much. I really dont like the Euro Splitters but hell I think they would look great on your car, complete the look.

Either way looks great, I wanna try this out

yeah, they're on there but its black now so you can't see them with the shadows
bizzerk
I don't know if anyone responded about this already but instead of painting it black Toyota actually has inserts that goes into the teeth. Thats why one of my teeth is silver is because i found out there were covers on them. I've been meaning to take pictures of it. ( don't know if anyone has already done it yet though)
trdproven
QUOTE (bizzerk @ Oct 28, 2009 - 3:57 PM) *
I don't know if anyone responded about this already but instead of painting it black Toyota actually has inserts that goes into the teeth. Thats why one of my teeth is silver is because i found out there were covers on them. I've been meaning to take pictures of it. ( don't know if anyone has already done it yet though)

yea they are just covers, regular toyota part number. But shig you need to find the rare magic or euro lip for the preface and then BALLLAAAA!
Shigexile
yeah i'm aware about the inserts for the teeths, someone mentioned them to me, but i decided to keep them silver for NOW. (still need to toss my options around)

i already have a photoshop version of the EUROU lip on the car. As of right now, i am 95% sure i am getting one, or try to get one. One concern is that it makes it look more like a genuine st205 and less the SS3/Gt-Four hybrid version hence loosing the "uniqueness". They look so similar that even members on here wont notice its a GT-III (my version of ss-four) conversion without someone telling them so.
as of the aeromajic, it was my first choice back last year when getting all the parts together. I didn't like the look, i thought i would but it just didn't click for me. I also did c-one lip too but that looked just oh so hideous.

i'm in the process of putting those photoshop jpeg up on my blog.

will post them here too after i get out of my lab
malpaso
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Oct 27, 2009 - 10:10 PM) *

Because i don't think its good enough to be in the 6gc calender. There are many more other member's ride that are calender worthy.

I respect that but strongly disagree smile.gif. You car and you pictures is perfect material for calendar...
trdproven
shig the euro lip for the gt4 and the preface look different, much smaller. you'd be the first. the magic lip is big itll look more aggressive if you like it that way.
Shigexile
QUOTE (malpaso @ Oct 29, 2009 - 2:01 AM) *
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Oct 27, 2009 - 10:10 PM) *

I respect that but strongly disagree smile.gif . You car and you pictures is perfect material for calendar...

thanks martin, coming from you is an honor. Well, another reason is that i never took the time to take pictures with the rims on it. If i were to submit the pictures to the calender, it would have to be with the advans on biggrin.gif

QUOTE (trdproven @ Oct 29, 2009 - 6:54 AM) *
shig the euro lip for the gt4 and the preface look different, much smaller. you'd be the first. the magic lip is big itll look more aggressive if you like it that way.

here's a link to my page where i introduced the options for the front lip in a timeline starting from last year
but i'll just run through the basics here:

here is a picture with the magic lip. I liked at first but the more i look at it the more i hated it

Then i decided to go with the EURO splitters:

but after doing the conversion, i notice that the front splitters are still to high compared to the skirts and it doesn't show very much. And people will suggest me to get a lip even thou i have these on (meaning they can't see them! too small! need to paint!! or change them!)

and before doing the conversion, i always liked the EUROU bodykit look
so i photoshopped them with the gt-four hood

I love the look and its my favorite out of the choices i have and i am almost certain that i will be buying this (or try to) lip anytime next year, but then again, compare it to the genuine gt-four

they are almost identical.

other issues are that if the lip will go too low compared to the skirts...
in that case i don't mind getting the EUROU skirts either but...

... i'm lost
TiGZ461
I love the stance and the look of the 6g with the magic lip, I would defintaly get that to complete your look. But since you don't like it the last lip isn't a bad choice either.

Edit: Strange my post came out as a code
trdproven
I don't think so shig, the lip shouldnt go lower either higher or equal. In fact just to let you know the toms lip i have is ~1.5" higher than my sideskirts. Thats why i assume the euro lip will be either equal or higher. But even if it was lower, its best to have the front the lower part of the kit rather than the sideskirts as you mentiond.
DaCCelica94
veryvery nice. good work
mmmchocolate
ahh i love that ss-four bumper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! agh must have...
malpaso
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Oct 29, 2009 - 7:59 PM) *
... i'm lost

about lip... my personal option to go would be this:

IMO this is great design combination!
mmmchocolate
QUOTE (malpaso @ Nov 3, 2009 - 2:50 AM) *
... i'm lost

uh so thats exactly what i want my celica to look like someday...
captb
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Feb 11, 2009 - 12:30 AM) *
First i wanna say thank you to Martin (Malpaso) for his support. I had plans of doing this before but never had the funding and a problem with the seller in UK for a long time. And then Martin completed his SS-Four bumper and by looking at his pictures, it solved all the probems i initially had. tongue.gif Thank you Martin, you the man!

So i finally got the bumper from UK after many complaining and off i go to the body shop where i used to work during the summer

What did you use to mold the parts together? did you add any support on the back?
trdproven
Then i decided to go with the EURO splitters:

but after doing the conversion, i notice that the front splitters are still to high compared to the skirts and it doesn't show very much. And people will suggest me to get a lip even thou i have these on (meaning they can't see them! too small! need to paint!! or change them!)

other issues are that if the lip will go too low compared to the skirts...
in that case i don't mind getting the EUROU skirts either but...

... i'm lost

^^^ I love that old skool pic of my car haha. but see why i changed out my splitters? both types even? I needed a full lip solution. The splitters are never level with the skirts or to the front to the side and never complete.
Random_Stranger
QUOTE (malpaso @ Nov 3, 2009 - 1:50 AM) *
... i'm lost

I 100% agree with Mal
MrAyasli
Looks great!

Clear indicators ?
robby
ss-four bumper very like ......malpaso long time no see you .... when will plan go to HK join our celica meeting ?
Shigexile
this is what have happened since the last post.

Some things i had laying around for over a year and through out last year and this past few weekend, i have installed just about everything i had pilled up.

1. I finally got around to taking off the bumper and switching out my hi beam's rubber

2. Painted the euro front splitters to silver

3. Got center caps for my advans

4. Installed TRD steering wheel from an ae111

5. Installed TRD quick shift v.2

6. Visited my parents and friends in japan, came home with Laile Beatrush F/R strut towers

7. Finally got my seat rails which took forever, I put in the brixII seat

only thing left is to wash my car... only one car wash this year thumbsdown.gif
malpaso
thumbsup.gif

note: that st. wheel looks amazing!
whatthe
Im reallllllly jealous of your holding monster seat !!
SwissFerdi
Damn, fantastic-looking interior. Really nicely done.
Stambo
its to bad you couldn't make the midwest meet. Either way that new parts look good!
Shigexile
QUOTE (malpaso @ Aug 29, 2010 - 3:57 AM) *
thumbsup.gif

note: that st. wheel looks amazing!

Thanks Martin! The leather is a little worn out on the right side but its still in good shape.

QUOTE (whatthe @ Aug 29, 2010 - 4:11 AM) *
Im reallllllly jealous of your holding monster seat !!

Lol, thanks but its a pain to get in and out of that seat.

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Aug 29, 2010 - 12:27 PM) *
Damn, fantastic-looking interior. Really nicely done.

Thanks man, i'm currently try to get all the interior panels skinned with cf without the polisher to get the matt-dry look.

QUOTE (Stambo @ Aug 31, 2010 - 6:07 PM) *
its to bad you couldn't make the midwest meet. Either way that new parts look good!

Yeah, i wish i could have went but without the clutch behaving right, i couldn't go anywhere. I'm keeping my eye open for the next meet.
presure2
HAWT.
love the steering wheel, and the seats!
how much was the beatrush front bar?
bloodMoney
Nice Shig!

I can't wait to see the car again... We'll have to go out for a drink when I get home from school.

Did you keep the TRD rears? I think that a profile shot is in order.... Get out there and wash the car! smile.gif
Shigexile
QUOTE (presure2 @ Sep 5, 2010 - 8:21 AM) *
HAWT.
love the steering wheel, and the seats!
how much was the beatrush front bar?

Got a deal because I directly went to their engineering facility and told them i'm bringing it back to america so for the front + rear i got them for just under $300. initial cost would have been in the $500 range since laile is the sister company of c-one.

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Sep 5, 2010 - 12:45 PM) *
Nice Shig!

I can't wait to see the car again... We'll have to go out for a drink when I get home from school.

Did you keep the TRD rears? I think that a profile shot is in order.... Get out there and wash the car! smile.gif

I never had trd rears, they were ss-iii rears.
I was gonna wash the car last week but i dont drive it anymore and the girl's car was in need of a major bath.

yeah, call me up when you're in town.

HectortheRican
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Oct 29, 2010 - 10:57 PM) *

My new wallpaper. GOODNESS that reflection looks amazing. Great progress man! I'm really loving the rims! One question, what paint did you use for the Euro splitters? I want to paint mine soon and I'm not sure what to use.
sunwukongg
i LOVE this celi. should paint it black, red or white though imo smile.gif only cause im not a fan of silver haha
Shigexile
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 30, 2010 - 12:02 AM) *
My new wallpaper. GOODNESS that reflection looks amazing. Great progress man! I'm really loving the rims! One question, what paint did you use for the Euro splitters? I want to paint mine soon and I'm not sure what to use.

It feels good to know there is someone out there using my picture and car for their wallpaper, thank you.
I used a spray can from automotivetouchup.com. They have the paint code for our cars. The paint is a little off do to my original pain faded with sun but results are pretty decent.

QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 30, 2010 - 12:09 AM) *
i LOVE this celi. should paint it black, red or white though imo smile.gif only cause im not a fan of silver haha

Thanks!
Yeah, a lot of my car buddies HATE silver with a passion. They say its not a sports car color. (Who said a celica is a sports car? tongue.gif )
Love black, it makes our car look so much better but they fade over time and swirl marks are so visible with black. I was thinking about repainting it black but then i would have to paint the door hinges, engine bay, and all the hard to get places that i won't be able to do myself. I want it to be a "complete" paint job (since i don't want the ghetto paintjob where only the outside is painted black and when you open the door all you see is silver...)
White is nice if i had a full kit on and also white gets dirty easily. I'm not at a place where i can give frequent car washes to make her look sharp.
Red? I have a friend that drives a red integra and he's always competing against me so i would try to stay away from red lol.

Reason why i'm repainting the car silver:
Even when the car is dirty. it looks clean.
No extra paint needed for engine bay, door hinges, etc.
I'm repainting it to a Lexus silver so it should SHINE. (yes all CAPS)
Batman722
that is such a great pic.
malpaso
please, please, please post your picture in here smile.gif

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=76559

I would like to see this beautiful car as Celica Of The Month once...
bloodMoney
I posted that pic of both of our cars for this months COTM..... lol
malpaso
QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Nov 1, 2010 - 6:52 PM) *
I posted that pic of both of our cars for this months COTM..... lol

I would not compare those two pictures wink.gif.
96stgreendemon
love the car, gives me shivers
Shigexile
Haven't posted in months but the celica is at the hospital for the first time in 8 yrs of owning it.
It finally breaks something that I can't fix in the parking lot and this winter is not helping.
Such a bad time to break but it did well for the 8 yrs owning it.

Looking back at 2011, there are still numerous things i need to fix:
1. My carbon fiber wrap attempt was a FAIL. Need to re wrap it.
2. Ducktail spoiler won't stick to the hatch anymore. Thinking about just molding it on there but I still have the EURO spoiler block. Can't decide which one.
3. The fog light's wires caught on fire. Need to re wire it with thicker wires.
4. Still can't fix my horn. Just might buy an aftermarket one.
5. Not 6gc related but my 2002 GTS was totaled. Having a hard time finding a white exterior/black interior IS250 6spd in this area.

Hope 2012 gets better from here on out.
Neon90424
You need this horn

Shigexile
^ I'll take that into consideration thumbsup.gif
richee3
The silver '02 that was at the meet is totaled? That sucks. What happened? Hopefully nobody was hurt. What's wrong with the 6th gen?
Shigexile
My girl was driving across a street with no traffic lights, then a car came and hit the front passenger side causing her to spin around the way she came from.
Luckily she is safe, but the other driver had some neck injury. Her fault since she didn't yield but the guy was speeding. Also he never showed up in court so the ticket was lifted.

That 7th gen have seen two major accidents in the 1.5 years owning it. Its probably possessed. Time to move on.

As for the 204, its electric issues. The alt is done for, and most likely a short somewhere. Fixing the alt is easy but its the grounding issue that is too much work to find (especially with my work schedule)

BTW, I'm thinking about taking some winter pictures of my car in downtown soon so if anyone in the area is interested in a photoshoot tell me.
bloodMoney
Call me when you're ready
enderswift
I'd be down. I can update you on all the new fsae stuff if you havent talked to Eugene thumbsup.gif
KAOS
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Jan 12, 2012 - 1:44 PM) *
2. Ducktail spoiler won't stick to the hatch anymore. Thinking about just molding it on there but I still have the EURO spoiler block. Can't decide which one.

Keep the ducktail - I've got a buyer for your EURO riser blocks. wink.gif
smkr3w
QUOTE (KAOS @ Mar 30, 2012 - 12:05 AM) *
QUOTE (Shigexile @ Jan 12, 2012 - 1:44 PM) *

Keep the ducktail - I've got a buyer for your EURO riser blocks. wink.gif

keep the euro blocks- ill buy your duckbill laugh.gif
Ehrgeiz
QUOTE (malpaso @ Nov 3, 2009 - 5:50 AM) *
... i'm lost

What lip is this and where can I get it? biggrin.gif
Syaoran
What's that bumper?
malpaso
QUOTE (Syaoran @ May 17, 2012 - 11:57 PM) *
What's that bumper?

...prefacelifted SS-Four wink.gif
Syaoran
Is it just a GT-4 bumper grille cut and plastic welded onto a GT bumper?
richee3
QUOTE (Syaoran @ May 18, 2012 - 5:18 PM) *
Is it just a GT-4 bumper grille cut and plastic welded onto a GT bumper?

Correct smile.gif
Shigexile
I love my Bride BrixII and all but I always wanted the stock Recaro SR3 ever since I first saw my neighbor's Gt-Four in Japan.

So I've been browsing ebay even after I got the Bride and FINALLY I scored these:

And before anyone asks: No, I will not be selling my Bride seats.... I plan on keeping it as my office chair or connect it to my Logitech

How awesome is that biggrin.gif

Hopefully these will arrive before the Midwest Meet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.