Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAI help!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
aznpnoy12
ok well i just installed my CAI today, but im running into some problems. for some odd reason whenever i go into drive it feels really slushy and im able to pop it back out really easy. im really scared to drive my car now cuz i dont know if it's safe or not. if any of u guys can help that would be great and very much appreciated. i have an automatic ST by the way.
Kwanza
QUOTE (aznpnoy12 @ Oct 8, 2003 - 10:14 PM)
ok well i just installed my CAI today, but im running into some problems. for some odd reason whenever i go into drive it feels really slushy and im able to pop it back out really easy. im really scared to drive my car now cuz i dont know if it's safe or not. if any of u guys can help that would be great and very much appreciated. i have an automatic ST by the way.

What do you mean by slushy? It's not engaging into drive? Or the engine is choking? Makre sur nothing is plugged up somehow in the intake or the filter. If I'm wrong, try to explain it a bit better and we'll try again...
aznpnoy12
well whenever i put it into drive it engages and everything, the only problem is that it doesnt really lock in like it should. most times it would require a some force to put it into nuetral. but now that i put on the CAI all that is needed to pop it out of drive is a little nudge.
Kwanza
QUOTE (aznpnoy12 @ Oct 8, 2003 - 10:48 PM)
well whenever i put it into drive it engages and everything, the only problem is that it doesnt really lock in like it should. most times it would require a some force to put it into nuetral. but now that i put on the CAI all that is needed to pop it out of drive is a little nudge.

That doesn't sound like anything an Intake would cause. Take your car to go have the tranny looked at. I think your gears may be slipping...I'm not for certain albeit...
aznpnoy12
ok well i got everything fixed with my car now. apperently the cai was just pressing against the cable leading from he throttle to the transmission. but now i have another problem. the cai woks great and everything, but it is extremely loud. im scared im gonna get pulled over or something. do u guys know of any way i can make the car a little bis softer? or should i just go back with my short ram intake?
Supersprynt
I was just about to say check ur shift linkage but u already did soooooo nevermind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.