Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throttle body
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
6gcnoob
can someone tell me the diffrence between the celica and camry throttle body (2.2L), what differs between them when its a auto or manual, federal or cali. emissions?
presure2
QUOTE (6gcnoob @ Feb 12, 2009 - 4:31 PM) *
can someone tell me the diffrence between the celica and camry throttle body (2.2L), what differs between them when its a auto or manual, federal or cali. emissions?

the only diffrence i can think of off the top of my head is the EGR ports on the top of the TB.
6gcnoob
thats what i thought too, but all the junkyards i called always ask me about fed. or cali. or MT/AT.

not that i had much luck..one guy said that theres a diff between MT/AT? ok...but he also told me that he didnt agree when i asked to check for camry because they have same 4cyl motor.

im just looking to get one because my IACV is f@#%ed and im not enjoying the high idle
stephen_lee
QUOTE (6gcnoob @ Feb 12, 2009 - 5:09 PM) *
thats what i thought too, but all the junkyards i called always ask me about fed. or cali. or MT/AT.

not that i had much luck..one guy said that theres a diff between MT/AT? ok...but he also told me that he didnt agree when i asked to check for camry because they have same 4cyl motor.

im just looking to get one because my IACV is f@#%ed and im not enjoying the high idle

you can clean the IACv, hopefully it would help your problem..
6gcnoob
already done that, actually i think thats the reason is messed up. i think i took the actual valve apart too much (silve plate on the back). i have tried messing with it so much. i just wanna get a new one all thgehter and hope its the problem.
stephen_lee
i actually have an ST one i can sell, but idk if they're interchangeable
plasticgeordie2007
The auto throttle body has 2 throttle cables if it is the same as the UK GT.
6gcnoob
not too sure about the ST, but there are noticable diffrences, looking in a pic at least.

so if it was an auto one, could just remove that other cable braket i assume. i think thats what my TB i have now was at one point.
slow_yota
QUOTE (6gcnoob @ Feb 14, 2009 - 3:57 PM) *
not too sure about the ST, but there are noticable diffrences, looking in a pic at least.

so if it was an auto one, could just remove that other cable braket i assume. i think thats what my TB i have now was at one point.

Anyone know if you fit a 3sgte Tb to a 5sfe ?
Promasta
So will an auto camry throttle body work on the celica gt?
RabidTRD
QUOTE (Promasta @ Apr 22, 2012 - 4:06 PM) *

Yes if it's the same year as the Celica. OBD1 and OBD2 will be different as the EGR. Auto doesn't have two cables... any Celica/Camry will have two cables if there is cruse control. Gaskets are the same... everything matches up. In fact, I think even the air box is the same lol. Only place it differs is in the hose from the box to the intake (last I checked).
mkernz22
QUOTE (RabidTRD @ Apr 23, 2012 - 5:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Promasta @ Apr 22, 2012 - 4:06 PM) *

Yes if it's the same year as the Celica. OBD1 and OBD2 will be different as the EGR. Auto doesn't have two cables... any Celica/Camry will have two cables if there is cruse control. Gaskets are the same... everything matches up. In fact, I think even the air box is the same lol. Only place it differs is in the hose from the box to the intake (last I checked).

The auto does have two cables going to the TB. One goes to the gas pedal and the other goes inside the transmission.
For the cruise control, that cable actually goes to the gas pedal.
So on an auto 5s with cruise control, there are three cables altogether.

Since my swap, I still have the auto TB. The only difference from the auto to manual TB's is that the connection for the throttle cable on the Auto has two cable mounts / connections, where as the manual only has one cable mount / connection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.