Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import performance parts question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bud666hr
hello
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
i have found this web page and i wanted to ask you here is ithe stuff there any good?

they have a kit for my celi, it doesnt seem too expensive, and they promise a lot
Complete Gasket Set
Copper Head Gasket
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
(81, 81.5, 82, 82.5mm bore) and
(any comp ratio)
Performance Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Timing Belt
Freeze Plugs
Thrust Washers

Additional Parts Available:
Turbo Kit
Pauter Connecting Rods EKTO29MPX
$889
----------------------------------------
Following Kit w/TOGA HV Oil Pump
EKTO29MPXG
$999 (specify sensor/no sensor)

has anyone ordered something from them?
thank you all in advance
Fastbird
$889 for a set of rods for a 4 cylinder is ridiculous. Case in point: My Trans Am V8 rods, Lunati BILLET (I.E. cream of the crop) were $1200 for a set of 8. A standard forged set of rods only runs $700-800 for all 8.

That, and any ad that advertises internal engine components with a generic "Performance" I'd steer clear from. Substitute budget for performance.
bud666hr
the price of 900$ is for this:
Complete Gasket Set
Copper Head Gasket
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
(81, 81.5, 82, 82.5mm bore) and
(any comp ratio)
Performance Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Timing Belt
Freeze Plugs
Thrust Washers

so you think this is no good?
is there anything else like this to buy?
Fastbird
Ok, $900 for all that isn't so bad. I thought that was just for the rods.
crankyelbow
Doesn't look bad to me?

I would want more specifics on what "performance" means... as in, what brand/model etc.

If you can get the specifics, just shop around/research the quality of what they have in the kit. If its all good quality stuff (which I'd say its probably good stuff) then it seems a decent price.
6strngs
I was looking at that rebuild kit for my car. Thing is, neither ross nor wiseco offer a part number for a 5sfe piston (except with a 3sgte head on a 5sfe block) so I don't know how true that is.
bud666hr
i asked them to send me more info on the parts they offer in the kit
how much hp is possible to get with this?
bdawgbp1
Let me know what you find out if you can. I just bought a used 3S-GTE head to rebuild to put on my 5S-FE block in my 94 GT coupe. I am having the same problem trying to rebuild mine as well. No performance pistons or rods for the 5S-FE unless you have the 3S-GTE head. Good luck and keep us all posted. thanks.
TRD_Ian
QUOTE (bud666hr @ Feb 23, 2009 - 12:24 AM) *
i asked them to send me more info on the parts they offer in the kit
how much hp is possible to get with this?

depends how much boost you cram down it, with forged guts i dont see why couldnt get over 300 whp for a joke, no doubt more with out havin to worry about much.....depends how much bank roll you got
bdawgbp1
Not pushing boost yet - just perparing for future mods. Right now just stock 5S-FE with stainless header (4-1) and K&N cold air intake (true cols air under the battery compartment - not short ram). Still running stock exhaust from header back. Any suggestions? Trying to find the right cams, cam gears, pistons, rods, etc. Thanks for the reply.
6strngs
look to webcams for some camshafts. they're about the only people that make them for the 5sfe. Don't worry about cam gears, the 5sfe uses a slave cam system so you really only have one cam gear for both camshafts so you can't adjust them independently anyway.

cams make a nice difference, otherwise none of the other internal mods will increase horsepower unless you up the compression ratio of the engine which I wouldn't recommend if you plan to turbo.
bdawgbp1
What about with the 3S-GTE head installed? I plan on puuling the 5S head off and replacing with the 3S-GTE head.
presure2
QUOTE (bdawgbp1 @ Feb 23, 2009 - 3:08 AM) *
What about with the 3S-GTE head installed? I plan on puuling the 5S head off and replacing with the 3S-GTE head.

you would need all the 3s electronics to run a 5sgte, including ecu ect. or standalone engine management and sensors.
bdawgbp1
Woah - sounds like I may have gotten myself into more than what I bargained for. So you can't just swap the heads and use the same ECU, sensors, etc. Would a piggyback controller do the job?
Akirad1
how much would be expected to gain from this.
bdawgbp1
IDK - I'm curious to know myself. I was expecting a considerable gain over stock 5S head and block.
presure2
QUOTE (bdawgbp1 @ Feb 23, 2009 - 6:24 PM) *
Woah - sounds like I may have gotten myself into more than what I bargained for. So you can't just swap the heads and use the same ECU, sensors, etc. Would a piggyback controller do the job?

no and no.

done right, a 5sgte (5s block, stroked 3s crank rods and pistons) and all the other bits, can be a beast.
takes alot of money, and some know how to get done properly tho.
lfk13114
i currently have purchased that kit with the hv oil pump. the parts all seem like quality, not cheap or knock off, however i have not ran my engine yet with them. had engine bored to the 82.5 and also bought the rods for the extra 749$, as soon as the snow melts i will be swaping engines out, but currently with the bore i went from 1778cc ish, give or take a couple thousandths to high 1800 cc so it gave me about a liter size up, i would at least recommend getting a acid bath ( hot tank i do believe machineist lingo) and cylinders honed down.

but i havent seen ne track time with the kit installed yet

forgot to add, the kit is suppost to give yea about a 40hp increase, but thats according to the page, i will get her dynoed when i get it swaped, as long as i can figure out topend
lfk13114
its suppost to give yea about 40whp gain, but i havent it tested yet, i am gonna go with the turbo kit thru them, t25bb, thats suppost to have 280 hp gain on top of engine horse, and thats only at 5-6 psi of boost, the kit, being that its all forged and the rods are 4340 steel, i am gonna try for at least 14psi boost, but i might end up selling the engine if i cant get nething topend....thats the ONE thing holding me back
bdawgbp1
QUOTE (presure2 @ Feb 23, 2009 - 6:34 PM) *

no and no.

done right, a 5sgte (5s block, stroked 3s crank rods and pistons) and all the other bits, can be a beast.

So can I use the stock 5S crank or should I get a 3S-GTE crank and have it stroked for the 2.2 block? Also what about the distributor, intake manifold, throttle body, and exhaust manifold? Thanks for all your help. smile.gif
6strngs
QUOTE (bdawgbp1 @ Feb 23, 2009 - 11:33 PM) *
QUOTE (presure2 @ Feb 23, 2009 - 6:34 PM) *

no and no.

So can I use the stock 5S crank or should I get a 3S-GTE crank and have it stroked for the 2.2 block? Also what about the distributor, intake manifold, throttle body, and exhaust manifold? Thanks for all your help. smile.gif

I hope you know what you're getting into. I think ice23q, a member here with a 5sgte, has put almost $20,000 into his build. Obviously it can be done cheaper than that, but it's still going to cost at least 4 or 5 grand to get it done right.

if you're seriosu about it, look over at mr2oc.com, they'll likely have a lot more info about it than here.
bdawgbp1
Yeah - I planned on driving it the way it is right now and slowly buying all the parts as being married with 3 kids doesn't allow for alot of extar money for my "toys". I figure by this time next year I'll have all the parts and ready to tear her apart. I appreciate all the help and info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.