Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for some Info on Motor Mounts
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Spider77
Ok, so heres the deal, somehow hitting a stupid curb does more than you would think. I noticed that of all things my front motor mount bracket (the one attaching to the mount&engine) is bowed out a bit on both sides. Im pretty sure that its not supposed to look like that. I really didnt pay much attention to it untill I got everything hooked up and in place and took it for a ride. During acceleration everything is as it should be, nice and smooth. However when Im at a light, or doing anything other than moving, I can feel alot of vibration.
So, does anyone know the P/N for that bracket? I was also thinking of getting a poly insert for the mount, but I dont think that'll do that much better. But im open to suggestion.
Thanks!
jimmykay
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1994_TOYO...CMGKA_1107.html
I think this is what you're looking for.

if not, then pics would probably help describe what you're looking for.
Spider77
QUOTE (jimmykay @ Mar 7, 2009 - 11:05 AM) *
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1994_TOYO...CMGKA_1107.html
I think this is what you're looking for.

if not, then pics would probably help describe what you're looking for.

Yeah it is, I keep forgetting that site exists. Thanks
Spider77
Okie, so I know my bracket is messed up a bit, but when I crawled under my car today (tricked by someone elses puddle of oil) I looked at the mount. Check it out!

That would be the bracket I was talking about

This is the front motor mount, above engine, passenger side.

Same mount, under from drive side.

So my new modified question......s
1) As far as the front motor mount is concerned, any 94-99 celica front motor mount should fit, right?
2) Does anyone think this can be saved by slapping some poly up in there, or is it pretty much shot? The vibrations are getting pretty bad, today I noticed the whole hood was shaking!

Im trying to get as many answers by monday, as I will either have to order the part (which I was only able to find a front st motor mount....question 1) or poly asap so I can get this fixed.
Thanks!
trdproven
manual and auto are pretty much the same thing, they'll both work. Not sure if an st205 is different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.