Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions on 3sgte swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
recniabsal
If you swap with the 3rd generation 3sgte will it include instructions or parts to make it AWD? Will it bolt to the 5sfe transmission? I am assuming if it does it would stay AWD so I would have to pay for a special transmission meant for AWD right? My intention isn't to race this car but use it as a daily driver in the winter and onto construction sites which is why I want the AWD. Is it a reliable daily driver or not so much and meant more for racing? I doubt I'll be modding it at all. Any info would be appreciated thanks.
jimmykay
If you swap with the 3rd generation 3sgte will it include instructions or parts to make it AWD?
Instructions not included. Parts: It depends on what you buy when you get your 3sgte engine.

Will it bolt to the 5sfe transmission?
Yes, that is typically what is done with most swaps

I am assuming if it does it would stay AWD so I would have to pay for a special transmission meant for AWD right?
this is where you lose me. It does mount to your existing transmission, but it would not stay AWD unless you installed the AWD transmission. My impression is that converting to AWD take a lot of custom work. But I have not done any research on this myself since I have no intention of doing it.

My intention isn't to race this car but use it as a daily driver in the winter and onto construction sites which is why I want the AWD. Is it a reliable daily driver or not so much and meant more for racing? I doubt I'll be modding it at all. Any info would be appreciated thanks.
toyotas are slow by nature. you can race them, and a lot of people do. I autoX mine once in a while, but not to be competitive. i do it for fun. Left as stock, it is incredibly reliable and is damn near bulletproof. when you start modding them (as with all cars) if you do it wrong, you will kill the reliability.

With all of that said. do a little research with the search button up on the top of the page.
playr158
QUOTE (recniabsal @ Apr 3, 2009 - 10:19 AM) *
If you swap with the 3rd generation 3sgte will it include instructions

If you are asking this question you should just consider buying a cheap used WRX if you really need AWD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.