Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Progress thread
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Legit94GT
I bought Delilah in July of 2007 with 74,xxx miles in perfect condition. The interior had/has no tears rips or stains. The paint while faded has no scratches and only one small dent, it does still have more rock chips than what I would like, but that will change when I change my bumper and repaint it:)

I decided that I would primarily invest on internal upgrades as i spend 95% of my time with my car, in my car. The first thing I bought was a super awesome alarm:) Here she is after her first bath.

Next came my sound system upgrade. I went with a Kenwood DDX512 deck with the direct connect iPod cable routed to the custom iPod holder I made where my cup holders use to be. I had the JL 1,000/1 amp mounted in the trunk opposite of the two JL 12" W6v2 it powers. I added a Sirrius satellite radio unit, Sportser 5, where the little coin holder use to be.

I latter upgraded my door speakers, went with Focal 165 a1 6.5" mids and 1" tweeters, added a trunk soleniod linked to my alarm, installed some sound deadening material and dynamat. It doesn't look cool but it really did help with the everyday road noise.

****Coupe and Vert owners dynamat your trunk lid like this, wedge the dynamat between the subframe and the outer skin it got rid off all of my rattle smile.gif ***

I very carefully cut out the cigarette light and fabricate a box that fit inside the center console. I made a plastic to cover to keep it flush and mounted it with magnetic push in/push out solenoids that are linked to two very small neon lights. So that when you push it open it turns on the lights;)

I have since done the S2000 antenna switch, tinted my windows 20%, added JDM tail lights, and clear side markers

I am still planning on a few things adding some fog lights, clear turn lights, clear glass for my headlights, lowering it about 1.5", getting Curren rear extensions and Hiro spoiler, with a 404 lip(waiting for creis to start making that) carbon fiber license plate bezel, and carbon fiber hood. then painting everything black:) And when i win the lotto i'll do a V6 and AWD swap. Untill then i'll keep my goals realistic;) hope you enjoyed the read.
GriffGirl
Looks really good scott, keep up the good work. It'll be good to see it in person again when we have our next meet tongue.gif
njccmd2002
love the lighted thing bro.
Legit94GT
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Apr 3, 2009 - 11:57 PM) *
love the lighted thing bro.

thanks:) it was sweet when it was working, but i broke it lol so i am about to throw the box thing away and use the lights for something else. and add the OEM heated seat switches
crankyelbow
A very nice looking celica smile.gif
joehernandez
nice man!
what receiver is that?
Legit94GT
QUOTE (joehernandez @ Apr 6, 2009 - 3:06 AM) *
nice man!
what receiver is that?

a Sportser 5
joehernandez
oh ok,, never heard of that brand,,
i want to get one of those,,, down o n money right now but i will one day!
also what is that under the AC control unit?
Legit94GT
It is a Sirrius radio unit, a Sportster 5... or are you talking about my deck? cause that info is in there

I just mad a detatchable box that gets screwed into the stock holes. I wired the blue neons off a hot lead so they will always worked then plugged in my cell charger into the cig lighter and ran the cord up through to bottom of the box so i can charge my phone and keep it in there out of sight... but i have sicne broke it and am going to repalce to with a stock piece... i think;) lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.