Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think my clutch might be going out
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Lord_Seraph
Ok, this just started today, my clutch pedal is getting stuck at random times. I'll push the clutch in, and it comes back half way, until I touch it with my foot then it bounces back.

Anyone know what this could be? or how it could be fixed or what the price of getting it fixed might be?

Thanks!
chandy1986
hmm i dont kno much about cars so im just guess here, do u think it could be the clutch master cylinder?
Ryouxrs
this sounds like a hydrolic issue to me, before u just start replacing parts lube your clutch pedal pivot point, and bleed your clutch, check for any leaks, then start with your master cylinder, slave cylinders hardly ever go bad.
stetsonaw
like ^^ said, but you may just have to add some DOT3 and bleed your clutch.
trdproven
i agree
Lord_Seraph
Well I had my car inspected, Fluid is full and everything is dry, so no external leaks. They think it's the master cylinder, they're checking to see if that's the case right now, I'll know tomorrow if it is.
Ryouxrs
QUOTE (Lord_Seraph @ Apr 21, 2009 - 7:49 PM) *
Well I had my car inspected, Fluid is full and everything is dry, so no external leaks. They think it's the master cylinder, they're checking to see if that's the case right now, I'll know tomorrow if it is.

there doesnt have to be any leaks but like i said the first thing to do is bleed the crap out of your clutch system, it takes ten min. with 2 people. then start looking at the master cylinder, dnt pay a shop to do that, its a really easy part to replace, unless u have a bad back. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.