Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Clip
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
terqui
I have an ST and im sick of the puny 100hp. I want a 3s. However, im poor. So the best option for me would be a front clip. That way i get the mounts and a tranny. Tell me what I can and cannot use, any tips, and most importantly, a reliable place to get a front clip.
celica47
If you search around the forum there is a ton of info on this subject. However ebay is a viable place to buy an engine, as well as jarcoinc.com. Keep in mind doing an engine swap is not a poor man game. Do you plan to complete the swap yourself?
95st-celica
what kind of budget are you looking at?

depending on what clip you want they can range from 2500-4000....you can use the motor and all the componets, no trans, no trans mounts, all that stuff will not work with your st...but you can sell it and make some money back from it...you must convert everything to a GT, such as a transmission, the motor mounts, axles, a carrier bracket you are going to have to find for the passenger side, you need a new fuel pump, and i would suggest a rebuild kit for the motor straight from toyota. depending on your budget and if you do all of the work yourself as i have, it is do-able. you also must drill 2 holes in your frame on the passenger side for the motor mount.(not that big of a deal, i used thread rod, 4 washers, and 4 nuts) if you are on a tighter budget then that i suggest saving up, and in the mean time researching everything you can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.