Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust bogs after highway run ??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Lone_Wolf
Hi, I have question after a highway run and I come to a stop my car would shake underneath not sure where but seems like its coming from the exhaust like somethings clogged in it or something could it be the the cat converters ?? I know we have 2 but not sure if thats the problem ?? And before I installed my header my car would hesitate before acceleration does that also mean the 1st cat that is on the exhaust manifold is clogged ?? Because after I put on the header I notice the hesitation goes away ?? Thanks
Bitter
if you floor it, does it accelerate or just bog? have a friend rev the engine and see if the exhaust is flowing out.
Lone_Wolf
It bogs and then takes off, their is air flowing out of the exhaust.
Bitter
sounds more like an ignition issue, check the usual ignition parts.
Lone_Wolf
I just put in a new rebuild dizzy my denso spark plugs are 7 months old and my NGK wires are 1 year old they all tested fine ?? No CEL's too. I'm running out of parts to test. tongue.gif
Galcobar
Rotor and cap?
Bitter
igniter? maybe you should diagnose rather than just replace parts.
Lone_Wolf
The new distributor came with a new rotor and cap I needed a new dizzy thats why I replaced it, I already checked the igniter too.
Bitter
well if you're sure the ignition is 100%, how about fuel system?
Lone_Wolf
My fuel filter is 2 years old I should probably change it the only way to test it is too take it out anyways and while its out I might as well replace it since I'll have to get new gaskets for it lol. I've never changed the FPR or the o-rings on the injectors I do run fuel system cleaner in my tank every 3k, you think that could be the problem ??
Bitter
just running down the list
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.