Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eManage questions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
mickwheelz
Hey All,

I'm doing the 5sfte thing... and i am going to use an emanage (yeah i'm a noob, no i'm not tuning it myself)

I have a few questions about the eManage.

a) i currently have a rev 1 5sfe, now i am concidering converting to rev 2 electronics, so i get the knock protection... but with the emanage's ability to control timing, would it really be nessicary (since its going to be very time consuming to do the conversion)

b) I would really like to be able to connect a 'digital dash' to the emanage (much the same as the zeitronix zt-2 and the lcd that goes with it) besides the profec e01 (uber expensive)

presure2
QUOTE (mickwheelz @ May 10, 2009 - 9:46 PM) *
Hey All,

I'm doing the 5sfte thing... and i am going to use an emanage (yeah i'm a noob, no i'm not tuning it myself)

I have a few questions about the eManage.

a) i currently have a rev 1 5sfe, now i am concidering converting to rev 2 electronics, so i get the knock protection... but with the emanage's ability to control timing, would it really be nessicary (since its going to be very time consuming to do the conversion)

b) I would really like to be able to connect a 'digital dash' to the emanage (much the same as the zeitronix zt-2 and the lcd that goes with it) besides the profec e01 (uber expensive)

#1, yes. knock control is what holds the 5s together IMO.

#2 you need a laptop.
mickwheelz
Thanks for the quick response pressure smile.gif

Looks like im doing a ****load of wiring on the weekend... haha.

I do have a laptop I can use to connect to the emanage, was just hoping there would be something that could read the serial output.
crankyelbow
QUOTE (mickwheelz @ May 11, 2009 - 7:12 PM) *
Thanks for the quick response pressure smile.gif

Looks like im doing a ****load of wiring on the weekend... haha.

I do have a laptop I can use to connect to the emanage, was just hoping there would be something that could read the serial output.

gotta be a way to make that work, but i dont know about cheaply without a mastery of electronics smile.gif
mickwheelz
I am thinking of giving it a crack once i have everything setup.

Will report back as to how it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.