Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine and Sparkplug HELP!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Dennisj1
Hey Guys,

I have 1994 ST 1.8L Celica with an automatic 7AFE engine and i have a few questions about the engine.

1st. I just realised that i have to chek the water level in the radioator too often. I'm now doing it every two days. Is that normal or do I need to use coolant only, or coolant mixed with water or something else?

2nd. My car does not work smooth, I have noticed that when the car is in Drive and I'm like standing at a stop light, the RPM keep changing between 800 and 400 RPM and normally it is supposed to be working steddy at 800RPM right? When i put it in neutral or in park, it will keep going back and fort but less than when the car is in Drive.
Does anyone know what might be the problem?

3rd. I want to change my spark plug wires but I don't know which thickness is good?! 7mm, 9mm, 10mm???? A friend told me upgrade them to 9mm but will that have a good effect on the engine or will there be no difference?

Hope someone can help me with these questions, I appreciate it.

Dennis
xrav22
Hi you probably have a small leak that is evaporating from the engine temps. My radiator was seeping through a crack it had. When you turn the car off is the
best time to look for the leak as the pressure will raise slightly and of course don't open the cap.

If you can read my post about my idle (idle has a mind of it's own) My wiring harnes has a cracked wire or somethin. When I move the harness just next to the airbox
where the air temp sensor takes you back there my idle will change. Since I ti wrapped it to thold it steady my idle is fine still but I have to open it up
and find the wire.

Mabey that helps

QUOTE (Dennisj1 @ May 21, 2009 - 10:26 AM) *
Hey Guys,

I have 1994 ST 1.8L Celica with an automatic 7AFE engine and i have a few questions about the engine.

1st. I just realised that i have to chek the water level in the radioator too often. I'm now doing it every two days. Is that normal or do I need to use coolant only, or coolant mixed with water or something else?

2nd. My car does not work smooth, I have noticed that when the car is in Drive and I'm like standing at a stop light, the RPM keep changing between 800 and 400 RPM and normally it is supposed to be working steddy at 800RPM right? When i put it in neutral or in park, it will keep going back and fort but less than when the car is in Drive.

3rd. I want to change my spark plug wires but I don't know which thickness is good?! 7mm, 9mm, 10mm???? A friend told me upgrade them to 9mm but will that have a good effect on the engine or will there be no difference?

Dennis

Dennisj1
THX for the advice xrav22!

I'll check your post!
Dennisj1
Hey XRAV22,

I have checked with a mechanic, and he told me that some of the thin lines on the trttle body was stuck with durt so the trottle body sensor wasn't even working!

He cleaned them up and now the car is working smooth!

The overheating thing i still din't chek! I have tested the thermostat, but it's working ok so i'll chek the radiator next like you said!

QUOTE (xrav22 @ May 21, 2009 - 2:30 PM) *
Hi you probably have a small leak that is evaporating from the engine temps. My radiator was seeping through a crack it had. When you turn the car off is the
best time to look for the leak as the pressure will raise slightly and of course don't open the cap.

If you can read my post about my idle (idle has a mind of it's own) My wiring harnes has a cracked wire or somethin. When I move the harness just next to the airbox
where the air temp sensor takes you back there my idle will change. Since I ti wrapped it to thold it steady my idle is fine still but I have to open it up
and find the wire.

Mabey that helps

QUOTE (Dennisj1 @ May 21, 2009 - 10:26 AM) *
Hey Guys,

Dennis

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.