Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got the new exhaust
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
KAOS
I'm going in today to have someone look at my dual exhaust set up.

I like it, but with the addition of headers this past weekend, the sound is unbearable. I'll probably have to get a resonator thrown into the piping somehow, and a new muffler...

I want them to redo the piping entirely and route the pipe under the rear axle and angle it at the rear, somewhat like this:

** UPDATE **

So I had the exhaust re-done today:

Check out the pics and captions HERE

... unfortunately, I don't feel much like linking the pics, sorry.

Anyone care to do it for me?

The car sounds SO much better now, and I can really feel it pull in the 3000-4500 range... finally!

I love the sound, but I'm going to miss the look of the duals... tongue.gif
KAOS
Bump for an update!! Mods may have to move this thread to the Multimedia section now... sorry.
legalkid86
QUOTE (KAOS @ May 21, 2009 - 11:38 AM) *
I'm going in today to have someone look at my dual exhaust set up.

I like it, but with the addition of headers this past weekend, the sound is unbearable. I'll probably have to get a resonator thrown into the piping somehow, and a new muffler...

I want them to redo the piping entirely and route the pipe under the rear axle and angle it at the rear, somewhat like this:

** UPDATE **

So I had the exhaust re-done today:

Check out the pics and captions HERE

... unfortunately, I don't feel much like linking the pics, sorry.

Anyone care to do it for me?

The car sounds SO much better now, and I can really feel it pull in the 3000-4500 range... finally!

I love the sound, but I'm going to miss the look of the duals... tongue.gif

that looks awesome...what kind of exhaust is that....im looking to get one for my car as well.....? any suggestions..??
KAOS
QUOTE (legalkid86 @ May 21, 2009 - 10:12 PM) *
that looks awesome...what kind of exhaust is that....im looking to get one for my car as well.....? any suggestions..??

The picture in the first post is of a HKS Universal Carbon Fiber TI muffler - which is what I'm putting on my GT-Four. But, if you're talking about the muffler that was installed on my yellow GT-S (see the link for pics, I didn't host the pics on 6GC, sry) then that is just a MagnaFlow Sport Performance exhaust.

legalkid86
thats a sweet muffler great choice, i may consider into the same what do you think should it be a straight shoot out muffler or a bit curved 350z style??
KAOS
QUOTE (legalkid86 @ May 21, 2009 - 10:36 PM) *
thats a sweet muffler great choice, i may consider into the same what do you think should it be a straight shoot out muffler or a bit curved 350z style??

I went with the under the axel "bent" look, but its all a matter of opinion... some people prefer the tucked in straight muffler, and others prefer a little more show... tongue.gif

Its all up to you, but I will tell you this, the less bends the exhaust plumbing has to make from the engine to the exhaust tip the better your engine breaths... thats why most tuners go under the axel... FYI.
njccmd2002

must be some new soldering goggles
KAOS
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ May 22, 2009 - 8:15 AM) *

must be some new soldering goggles

State of the art - guaranteed to blind a guy in a short amount of time... tongue.gif
terbear4god4life
i weld all the time with no glasses im fine
njccmd2002
QUOTE (terbear4god4life @ May 22, 2009 - 11:56 AM) *

give it about 20 years to have some effects.
trdproven
is that a universal muffler? if so, did you remove the resonator and straight pipe it all the way to the cat? what did you do?
TRD_Ian
QUOTE (terbear4god4life @ May 22, 2009 - 11:56 AM) *

you mean you spot weld with no glasses?....it is impossibile to properly weld with out a shield.....

if u weld with out the proper protection your gonna pay for it ltr on.... eyes will be shot and you stand a good chance of getting skin cancer from not protecting your face
cjh4l22
any chance you wanna send me some more info about your dual exhaust setup?? i was wanting to do the same. very interested in how yours was done, pics would be amazing and do you still have it?
KAOS
QUOTE (cjh4l22 @ Jul 3, 2009 - 2:24 PM) *
any chance you wanna send me some more info about your dual exhaust setup?? i was wanting to do the same. very interested in how yours was done, pics would be amazing and do you still have it?

The only real decent pictures of the old dual exhaust setup are all on that link in the first post... unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures other than that of the underbody.
Sinyk
Apparently I missed this post back in May. A nice improvement to the celica!
KAOS
QUOTE (Sinyk @ Jul 3, 2009 - 3:31 PM) *
Apparently I missed this post back in May. A nice improvement to the celica!

Pft - slacker; try to keep up rolleyes.gif
Sinyk
Still coming to Vernon so I can ogle your ride? biggrin.gif
6gsillyca
lookin good jeremy. do you also have a silencer for it aswell?
freddy121389
You should have taken a video for the sound before and after, I really like the duals too, I got the idea to get it on mine from yours but I plan on getting new headers too so maybe it isn't worth it.
KAOS
QUOTE (Sinyk @ Jul 3, 2009 - 3:36 PM) *
Still coming to Vernon so I can ogle your ride? biggrin.gif

I'm afraid that if you want to oogle... you'll have to come out here. I can't do the Ogopogo this year. frown.gif

QUOTE (6gsillyca @ Jul 3, 2009 - 3:47 PM) *
lookin good jeremy. do you also have a silencer for it aswell?

Cory! I've been trying to get ahold of you... I saw the the Vert parked downtown a couple weeks ago - do you still own it?

QUOTE (freddy121389 @ Jul 5, 2009 - 11:11 AM) *
You should have taken a video for the sound before and after, I really like the duals too, I got the idea to get it on mine from yours but I plan on getting new headers too so maybe it isn't worth it.

I have some older clips of what the exhaust sounds like... I'd need to dig them up for you though. Then we can compare.
The reason for the ugly sound was because the internals in the bottle mufflers from the dual setup were all rusted out; it was time for a change anyways. biggrin.gif
mmmchocolate
hmmm i really like your car lol
6gsillyca
yea i still have her and yea i was dt last week. you can always shoot me a pm if you need to talk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.