when i first got done with the 6 months thing for CA driver's licence i used to go driving all the time on the weekend with one or two friends in the car and have fun for about 2 hours.

it eventaully got old and over the summer i had a summer job and too much stuff to do to just go out driving and gas prices were VERY high.

so tonight, i had only a 1/4 tank left so i went out and got gas(got 23mpg this time do to different/ harder driving and had a MASSIVE oil leak) but instead of going home i decided to drive around.

i drove about 50 miles tonight and had fun the whole time. the car ran great and was making good power due to teh colder weather.

i came across about 6-7 cars that were ready/willing to race. only two of them actually did. there were a couple of older civics that were riced up a bit but they would back down once they heard the turbo spool, which kinda made me mad. i came really really close to racing a 1992ish 300zx NA. the guy was driving fast kept staring me down so we got to a light and stopped. the light went green and when we were at about 20mph he started to really accelerate, not sure how hard he was going but he put about 3 car lengths on me. i gave it some gas and caught up to him at about 65mph and let off the gas. he looked over at me after the BOV went off and then he slowed down to 40mph.

then i see this 1993 240sx fastback(had a catback exhaust and intake, from what i heard) driving 90+mph so im catching up to him and we both stop at a light. the light went green and he took off fast(not sure if he wanted to race, so i just pulled up along side and looked at him then started to accelerate) well, he went for the bait and we had a race from about a 40mph roll. the problem was that i was in 3rd gear and the way i manipulated the gas, the tranny never down shifted to 2nd(i have yet to really floor it off the line) so i put the gas down a little to slowly and late and it just stuck in 3rd in a sort of economy acceleration. but by time we hit 50mph we were side by side and thats when the turbo kicked in and quickly came up to 7.5psi(turned the boost down a bit in preperation for the freeway drive to LACR but forgot to turn it up again) soi gained about 3.5 cars on him from 50mph to 85mph when the tranny shifted into 4th(a little early becuase i backed off on the gas), there was a short lull in the power where he pulled about 1 car length towards me but from 90mph to 105 i gained back that length plus 2 more car lengths when i decided to slow down, there was a red light about 1.5 miles ahead. he then passed me and cut me off about a second or 2 later. if i had a 5spd i probably would have really killed him but when i am comfortable with the reliability of my setup, i will go back to how i used to drive and get much better response from the tranny.

the other car was a 98 integra LS 5spd. i shouldnt have even wasted my time on him, lol.

so to sum it up, i love my car all over again. as of now im saving up to finish my turbo setup and do some car audio/video. when im done the car should perform a whole lot better(still need a FMIC and fuel pump/injectors)

BTW, just by counting in my head, the car goes from 0-80mph in about the time it used to take to get to 60mph. but like i said i have yet to really push the car off the line. its a whole lot faster than before.