Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just out of curiousity
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
streblo
Why not just sell your celica and buy a mk3 supra?

I had a 99 gt and I paid like 5.5k for it.

Couple months later sold it for 5k and bought a mk3 turbo 5-spd with targa 3.5k
needed a new engine a month later tho but that was 800 installed

td;lr: Why do you not own a supra?
soulshadow
I often thought about this a lot of times. Yeah a supra MK3 would have been a decent choice, not to mention that you can toss a 1JZ in there and potential power of 500HP with a turbo upgrade, but then again the 6gc is a more common car that you can find for sale. A Mk3 is hard to find especially one that is still in decent shape or even running right.
cheela
QUOTE (soulshadow @ Jun 12, 2009 - 8:34 PM) *
I often thought about this a lot of times. Yeah a supra MK3 would have been a decent choice, not to mention that you can toss a 1JZ in there and potential power of 500HP with a turbo upgrade, but then again the 6gc is a more common car that you can find for sale. A Mk3 is hard to find especially one that is still in decent shape or even running right.

pretty much that. right now in Wisconsin there are at least five MK3's for sale on craigslist, but I think only one runs good or so they say.
njccmd2002
cuz ill have both bro//
presure2
because i dont want a pointly MKIII poopra. rolleyes.gif
96bluevert
^^^ That. I'm not a fan of the MKIII's.
Stambo
QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 12, 2009 - 10:37 PM) *
QUOTE (soulshadow @ Jun 12, 2009 - 8:34 PM) *

pretty much that. right now in Wisconsin there are at least five MK3's for sale on craigslist, but I think only one runs good or so they say.

That and every car in wisconsin has some sort of rust i dont feel like paying to get fixed.
cardshark525
If for no other reason than I'm saving for a MkIV wink.gif

98 TT, RSP, 6spd, Black leather..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
808celica
QUOTE (cardshark525 @ Jun 13, 2009 - 3:34 PM) *

hell no. i want that rare jewel jade color
Culpable04
QUOTE (cardshark525 @ Jun 13, 2009 - 9:34 PM) *

you just described a 50K+ supra,

I want a MK IV as well, I less demanding.

I want Stock color ( whatever it is, but stock, non of those fancy F&F paint jobs )
Targa top
accident free
no rust

besides that, I can do whatever I want with it, I can turbo a non turbo, can do a auto to manual swap, anything.

and to the OP, because I like the 6th gen better, if for some reason I can't get a MK IV, I'll get a MK II, MK III NEVER.

lagos
QUOTE (streblo @ Jun 12, 2009 - 7:56 PM) *

because the celica is not a money pit that blows headgaskets and motors left and right?
95st-celica
because they are ugly for the most part, and if i was going to buy a supra i would do it right and buy an mkV....50k is a little much..yes some are that expensive espically in stock form with low miles, but for a very clean supra with average miles, 50-70k is around the 25-30k price range...still way over my head, but i'll stick wit the 3sgte for now.

dream supra?
Red or White
black leather
TT
Targa top
6 speed
in bone stock form with low miles
cardshark525
QUOTE (Culpable04 @ Jun 13, 2009 - 10:03 PM) *
QUOTE (cardshark525 @ Jun 13, 2009 - 9:34 PM) *

you just described a 50K+ supra,

I want a MK IV as well, I less demanding.

I want Stock color ( whatever it is, but stock, non of those fancy F&F paint jobs )
Targa top
accident free
no rust

besides that, I can do whatever I want with it, I can turbo a non turbo, can do a auto to manual swap, anything.

and to the OP, because I like the 6th gen better, if for some reason I can't get a MK IV, I'll get a MK II, MK III NEVER.

Actually as I described it one sold a few months ago for $70k, but it had 50,000 miles and was bone stock.

And that's what I'm looking for. That way I have not only a car that is one of 31 (less than 10 actually if you're only looking at the 98 and not 97, and even fewer with the black leather combo) but I also have a nice little nest egg to retire on. (how much will that car be worth in 30 years?) As far as a single year, single color and manual transmission the 98 RSP is the rarest of all the MkIV's. (The Quicksilver's there were 24 and Imperial Jade Mica there were 14... RSP is 10). I have a thing for that color too which is why I'm in love with Manny's car lol.

As the old saying goes "you've gotta spend money to make money".
SeverX13

Immmm gonna have to say because i wanted a celica not an mk3. mk3's are ugly IMO. i dont even kno why u would post such a dumb question. This is a celica enthusiast site. we got a celica cause we liked them and wanted one.
Sinyk
Yep. I would rather have a curvy good looking car than a boxy old supra that looks like ass...
azian_advanced
come to canada, mkiv supra RZ (TT & 6spd) rhd sells for $17k CDN or ~$15k USD. and there are lots to choose from.
Hanyo
i was considering getting a mk3 but they are just too old. to build them back up is gonna cost alot of money. Money that can be spent on a better car.
logan6gc

funny thing about this question is i lost my license racing one
and the even sadder part is that i won
CELICA > MKIII supra

=]]]]]]]]]]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.