Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lexus LS400 UCF10/UCF20 4Pot Brake on 6GC
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
vincent_doggy
First of all, my friend is having a set on his Vert, and the guy who set up this kit is my buddy.

Why we making this is the CELICA ST205 Calipers are too expensive and rare to find.

So we made something and seems worked.

I am not a technical guys at all, so couldn't provide any spec.

My buddy didn't mention any spec to me at all, he just let me see, touch and smell it.

4pot Caliper from a LS400
Stocked 315mm rotors from LS400 too, redrilled 5 x100 holes
Some modification on the Caliper
And a customized Caliper Bracket that allowed to fit the 315mm Rotors(Same size as ST205)
Paint
Stickers

Just let the Pics speak for itself

DEATH
Damn nice Vincent ['s friend]. Is that what my LS's brakes look like? Hmmmm - Ping doesn't really need anything more than GT brakes does she? laugh.gif
A whole lot of stock brake swapping going on around here - keep it up.
malpaso
That is just amazing... I have one set of those at home... I wish I had more info.
WORK4POOP
If anybody wants be to pick up a pair of the LS400 calipers let me know. I can source these for sure, at a reasonable rate.
playr158
sweet deal, nice work

$85 per caliper
~$250 for quality slotted rotors.
bizzerk
damn that is some nice work!
808celica
V_D what did you do with the caliper bracket issue?? OEM Ucf10 BBK found this locally, $200 isnt that bad biggrin.gif im thinking about it if i can get past the caliper and caliper bracket issue.

The guy who posted that thread on the hawaii forums obivously doesnt know jack because he included celicas in with sc's and na supras. I guess he seen my other post in some other guys thread about LS brakes and calipers rolleyes.gif
tysst202
a guide would be awsome,hint.. smile.gif
ST204R
can we get anymore details on this swap?

cheers
njccmd2002
any more info on this?
robdrummer
I'm very interested in this
paul52
very interested too, how about abs?
ST204R
some one must have the CAD drawings for the calliper bracket floating around some where. Why don't more people want an alternative to the gt4 4 pot calliper?
Culpable04
people shouldn't bother with this, the ST205 brake system is a " bolt on " for the most part, as long as you have the proper wheels to clear the calipers ( which you'll need with this lexus system as well ) you will have no issues using stock ST205 disc / calipers.

playr158
^except that the parts are far more available than the ST205 pieces.

and options are always nice.
Culpable04
QUOTE (playr158 @ May 17, 2010 - 11:49 AM) *
^except that the parts are far more available than the ST205 pieces.

and options are always nice.

parts for both calipers ( rebuilt parts / rebuilt kits ) are exactly the same, and options are good I agree, but let's look at options that are equal or easier to install, not the oposite.

4runner 4 piston calipers are the same as ST205 and I think they have the same mounting bracket so no custom bracket needed. same thing for supra 4 piston calipers. along with some other trucks / suvs. it's also fair to say that LExus LS did not come with 4 piston caliper standard as they did in Japan until the last few years so cost of the calipers in US is just as high as ST205 ones, and LS calipers need the same exact modification needed to fit ST205 but also require a custom bracket.
this is like adding a engine start buttom that still requires to put the key and turn. is just adding oen extra step to a proven and working process.

Spider77
4 runner you say? Any years in specific?
Culpable04
96 and up, there are 2 version of the calipers, one made for 16 inches wheels and the other for 17 inches wheel, so the last ones accommodate bigger disc.
BonzaiCelica
I was reading up on a website that the gt-four calipers on both the front and rear brakes are constructed of aluminum. is this true?

how about the ls400 brakes are they made of iron? Would using ls400 brakes on a superstrut setup be more accessible with less modifications over the macphearson suspension???

how about calipers for the rear, is there any other options beside gt-four rear calipers
stephen_lee
Looks like im gonna have a good time cross referencing parts on my EPC.. or have a good long talk with my dealer (their system can pick a part# and list all the vehicles it applies to...)
mak5603
More info on this would be sweet.
Tigawoods
jesus. 80 a caliper!
for rebuilt stockers it was 75! lol
they look great but i dont need em for auto-x kindasad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.