Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: twos r us mbc NOt adjusting boost
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
mk7celica
I installed my ct20 wastgate rod was loos and had to put a thick washer in between the acuator mounting braket and the turbo. Which made my stock boost setting 10lbs in 1,2, & 3rd an 12lbs in 4th an 5th. So today I wanted to install my mbc from twos rus and did. With it set on the lowest setting it made the boost go back to factory 7lbs and 10lbs in 4th an 5th. Did not understand why at the lowest setting boost would not go downw. I thought it would be the current boost of 10-12lbs with the washer in place. So I adjusted the mbc about 3 turns with testing it every turn an boost stayed the same factory boost.
I still have a lot of turns left on the mbc maybe I need to put it alot higher on the mbc to make me go over the current 12lbs wit the washer. Ran out of time today will turn it up more tommorow to see. I am just confused with what its doing with the washer I installed? On my other ct26 and acuator the mbc would have made more lbs of boost for sure with 3 turns, but it did not have the washer on the acuator though
_Jim_
Most MBC's that I have had the experience of working with, only seem to adjust boost in the middle of the "screws" travel. When I am starting fresh, and have modified the wastegate in any way way/shape/or form as you have....I take the Boost controller off the car, and blow into the "pressure" side of the line. The line that goes from the boost source to the Boost controller. I adjust the screw in or out until I hear/feel air release on the other side of the boost controller. This presets the Boost controller for around 8psi, and then I am free to adjust boost up from there.

When you have the Boost controller off the car, play with the "screw" adjustment of the boost controller, and you will see what I mean when I say that you will have no "change in pressure" until you reach about the middle of the "screws" travel. Then from there, boost adjustments are VERY sensitive, and should be adjusted slowly.
mk7celica
Yea its not even to the middle yet just short of it. I guess i may have unscrewed it to much. I am about to take a ride and turn it up an see Thanks jim.
mk7celica
Oh and Jim love the ct20b Its alot different than the old ct26. Its like at 10-12lbs with the ct20 is equal to the 14lbs with the ols ct26. Cant wait to get her up to 15lbs or Its gonna be the fastest this car has ever been. Even my Dad is suprised at the performance of the car now he keeps wanting to use the car to run here and there in town. He even said I probaly would beat his porcshe 928. And that I tought I would never hear. Thanks again
_Jim_
LOLOLOLOL glad to hear you like it. The CT20B is truly the best turbo for the GEN2 still on the stock ECU.
lagos
someone help my broke ass start a ct20b fund! lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.