Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake light on WOT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
reko
It started yesterday;

as i got off from work and was cruising around, I decided to go WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear. When i started braking at the red light, my e-brake light came on for a second or two... It did the same randomly three times during that night.

Then this morning, i went at the convenience store and after i left, when WOT in 2nd and 3rd again, and the light came on (even though i wasn't braking at all).

Interesting fact: I have a CAI and on sunday morning, i water soaked it... So i removed the lower part and i am now running with the SRI.

Any one has an idea of what it could be and how to fix it? It kind of freaks me out a bit....
presure2
QUOTE (reko @ Jul 1, 2009 - 7:28 AM) *
It started yesterday;

as i got off from work and was cruising around, I decided to go WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear. When i started braking at the red light, my e-brake light came on for a second or two... It did the same randomly three times during that night.

Then this morning, i went at the convenience store and after i left, when WOT in 2nd and 3rd again, and the light came on (even though i wasn't braking at all).

Any one has an idea of what it could be and how to fix it? It kind of freaks me out a bit....

sounds like your brake pads are worn, which caused the fluid level to go down, and when you floor it, your uncovering the sensor causing the light to come on.
check the fluid level, and the pads.
lagos
yeah, people forget that its not only an e-brake light, but also a light to tell you that your brake fluid is low. look into that.
delusionz
Good information, handy to know. Thanks guys.
Galcobar
Though properly, the fluid shouldn't be topped up if there are no leaks in the system. The fluid drops are your pads are worn away, as noted above -- so topping it up can give you a false idea that your brakes don't need attention via pad replacement.
presure2
QUOTE (Galcobar @ Jul 3, 2009 - 1:51 AM) *
Though properly, the fluid shouldn't be topped up if there are no leaks in the system. The fluid drops are your pads are worn away, as noted above -- so topping it up can give you a false idea that your brakes don't need attention via pad replacement.

this is exactly right.
if your pads are worn, dont just put in more fluid.
replace the pads.

if the pads are good, and the fluid is low, you have a leak somewhere in the lines.
Bitter
in the lines or wheel cylinders or caliper itself or abs modulator.
reko
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 3, 2009 - 8:24 AM) *
in the lines or wheel cylinders or caliper itself or abs modulator.

I checked the pads during the w-e (and fixed my handbreak at the same time) even if they've been on since july '08 (i dont drive during winter), but they were all good... then i realized that the first metal line that comes out of it leaks; i dont see brake fluid dripping but their's a black stain surrounding it...
Bitter
ick, thats ugly or can get ugly. if the fitting will turn on the line then you may be able to snug it up a little, clean it down, and watch it. otherwise if the brakes feel fine then don't worry about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.