Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rod bolts
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
6gcnoob
i brought my rods to my machine shop to have reconditioned, i gave him a call to see where the progress on them where. he had told me that the rod bolts would need to be replaced because they are T-T-Y. but i am having trouble finding them. do i really need to get news ones? does anyone know where to get them?
Bitter
if they are TTY then yes, check the torque spec, if its a lb/ft and then turn 90deg or some degrees then they need to be replaced.
Mstoochn
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 2, 2009 - 9:48 PM) *
if they are TTY then yes, check the torque spec, if its a lb/ft and then turn 90deg or some degrees then they need to be replaced.

Always replace hardware like that when u start ripping things apart!
The more you can do while the block is apart the better for future, and most of it is not expensive at ALL
njccmd2002
what is TTY
dgbldr
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jul 3, 2009 - 3:36 PM) *
what is TTY

Torque To Yield
soulshadow
Why don't you just order a set of ARP rod bolts? Im sure the pricing on them is the same as dealer prices which are an arm and a leg.
6gcnoob
i would but i cant find them on the ARP catalog, only the 3sgte and other toyota motors, just not the 2.2.
Smaay
just get new OEM bolts. ARP does not make a 5S replacement rod bolt frown.gif i went through this about 6 months ago when i rebuilt my 5S. just get new OEM ones you will be fine.
6gcnoob
who would i call. just a local toyota dealership?
Mstoochn
QUOTE (6gcnoob @ Jul 6, 2009 - 10:18 AM) *
who would i call. just a local toyota dealership?

yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.