Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4afe & 7afe exhaust headers
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
rdaharry
I am getting a great deal on a complete header set, but I think it is from an 4afe motor. Is there any diferences between the two headers other than the O2 sensor hole?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Mstoochn
QUOTE (rdaharry @ Jul 6, 2009 - 7:25 PM) *
I am getting a great deal on a complete header set, but I think it is from an 4afe motor. Is there any diferences between the two headers other than the O2 sensor hole?

i belive you mean 4a-ge, they will fit yes
rdaharry
QUOTE (Mstoochn @ Jul 6, 2009 - 9:56 PM) *

Not the 4age, that is the 1.6l DOHC in the corolla's, this is from a 90-93 celica ST w/the 4afe 1.6l.
Mstoochn
QUOTE (rdaharry @ Jul 7, 2009 - 12:01 PM) *
QUOTE (Mstoochn @ Jul 6, 2009 - 9:56 PM) *

Not the 4age, that is the 1.6l DOHC in the corolla's, this is from a 90-93 celica ST w/the 4afe 1.6l.

sounds like a 4 bolt not 6, im going to say no without looking at it closer, headers off a 1.6L wouldn't be to exciting.
rdaharry
I have looked them up on ebay for both the 1.6 & 1.8 and the only difference I can see is the o2 sensor hole, bolt pattern looks the same, but not sure if the length is any different. I also read something somewhere that the only difference between the 4afe & 7afe is the block, that's how we go from 1.6 to 1.8. and the 4 and 7 only means that they are different generations, ie: 4th & 7th generation. I don't know how true this is, reason why i'm posting the question.
GriffGirl
QUOTE (rdaharry @ Jul 7, 2009 - 12:59 PM) *
I have looked them up on ebay for both the 1.6 & 1.8 and the only difference I can see is the o2 sensor hole, bolt pattern looks the same, but not sure if the length is any different. I also read something somewhere that the only difference between the 4afe & 7afe is the block, that's how we go from 1.6 to 1.8. and the 4 and 7 only means that they are different generations, ie: 4th & 7th generation. I don't know how true this is, reason why i'm posting the question.

I'm not sure how true that is either (I just genuinely don't know the answer) but I've also seen on eBay that almost every 7AFE header on there is advertised for a 4AFE as well. I think though that you are correct about the blocks being different and the heads being the same, in fact, I'm almost positive.

http://www.toyoland.com/engines/4A-F.html

rdaharry
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Jul 7, 2009 - 4:33 PM) *
QUOTE (rdaharry @ Jul 7, 2009 - 12:59 PM) *

I'm not sure how true that is either (I just genuinely don't know the answer) but I've also seen on eBay that almost every 7AFE header on there is advertised for a 4AFE as well. I think though that you are correct about the blocks being different and the heads being the same, in fact, I'm almost positive.

http://www.toyoland.com/engines/4A-F.html

Thank you for your help, the link was very helpfull.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.