Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing carpet
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
conus00
Just wanted to share with you an experience.... If anybody here is planning to get a carpet from Ebay, PM me I will tell you which seller NOT TO BUY FROM!!!!
I don't want to flame anybody here but their "custom molded, perfectly fitting custom carpet" turned out to be the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever seen!
Thanks to this company I just wasted about $140 and me and my g/f wasted about 6hours to make it fit.
Sorry for the rant but I am very pissed off right now.

So I am on market for OEM black carpet in immaculate shape.
BTW, anybody knows how much would stock replacement be from the dealers (probably arm and leg...)?
njccmd2002
paste the sellers name here so we all know
conus00
Is it politically correct?
njccmd2002
just search for all the beware from sellers.
conus00
Ok, well, stay away from Ebay seller autocarpetdirect.
njccmd2002
thanks, fully noted. I will be buying mine soon, do you have pics of the parts you had to fix and why
conus00
There is no "fixing" that one! The "fit" is SO bad that I will throw it away as soon as I get my hands on stock black one...
It just sucks to waste $140. mad.gif
holaparce
i planning to buy a carpet for my car too, because i threw he old one away since i was restoring this convertible celica i got, thanks for the advise , there is a website i was going to buy it from, i think it was stockinteriors, but im pretty sure its gonna come mess up too, i been looking for that carpet everywhere so i might just make it myself .
njccmd2002
ask death where he got his from
Random_Stranger
I was thinking of new carpet, but I think I am going to go with Tile or carbon fiber looking Linoleum instead... LOL jk, but now that I think about it...... Clean up would be EASY!
samir0189
LOL just go all out and put some hardwood in there!
SanjayTuli12
QUOTE (conus00 @ Jul 6, 2009 - 7:42 PM) *
Just wanted to share with you an experience.... If anybody here is planning to get a carpet from Ebay, PM me I will tell you which seller NOT TO BUY FROM!!!!
I don't want to flame anybody here but their "custom molded, perfectly fitting custom carpet" turned out to be the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever seen!
Thanks to this company I just wasted about $140 and me and my g/f wasted about 6hours to make it fit.
Sorry for the rant but I am very pissed off right now.

So I am on market for OEM black carpet in immaculate shape.
BTW, anybody knows how much would stock replacement be from the dealers (probably arm and leg...)?

I am deciding to but a new carpet is there any carpet manufacturer who sell the best carpet at reasonable price ? ? ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.