Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yay! finally got new fenders.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
celicast95
I've been needing new fenders for about 6 months now ( thanks to my mom...) So I finally went to the Toyota dealership and ordered a pair. It was 470 for both of them. Hopefully they will be going to the painters early next week. I am going to try and put them on myself though. I'm not exactly sure how to put them on though. I don't know if i have to drill holes or anything like that. Does anybody have any tips for putting them on, my only big concern is getting the right gaping.

Fastbird
No drilling holes, but study the attachment points on the fenders. The rear on each side has some difficult to reach points to get at. Plenty doable, but be patient with them.
MaskedMan
You shouldn't have to drill any holes, it should just bolt right up. You will have to remove your front bumper and headlights first, before you can remove your fenders. The reasons you have to remove your headlights first is because there is a pin on the headlight assembly that feeds through a hole in the fender. I didn't know this the first time I took my fender off and I ended up breaking that part of my headlight.
njccmd2002
lot of money for fenders, jdm on ebay are cheaper
garin
you should mount them before you paint. that way to color is more exact and you don't mess them up trying to put them on.
808celica
Masking/Painter's Tape is your best friend when fitting newly painted stuff. I know wink.gif
celicast95
Thanks for the help. I think that I will be able to do it. Now I need to find side markers, I found clear ones on ebay but I would rather have the stock yellow ones. I can't wait for new fenders on my celi!!! biggrin.gif
Fastbird
QUOTE (celicast95 @ Jul 11, 2009 - 12:28 PM) *
Thanks for the help. I think that I will be able to do it. Now I need to find side markers, I found clear ones on ebay but I would rather have the stock yellow ones. I can't wait for new fenders on my celi!!! biggrin.gif

I have stock yellow ones if you want them. Great shape, I shaved my side markers. I'll send you a PM.
celicast95
Ok, I kind of got the fenders on today. I ran into a couple problems hear and there. I need to get the drivers side piece of metal with the three bolts that connects the fender to the bumper. If anybody has one lying around please PM me. I also still need the drivers side side marker. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.