Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte swapped celica question driver fender motor mount
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
mk7celica
I had my car swapped somtine ago and I snapped a motor mount stud on the front passenger side fender, by the timing cover.
Well I noticed somtime ago that this mount only had 1 stud in it and bolted down. The other was never installed. My question is what the proper way to dod this. Does just one stud fit into the engine bracket? When it was on I counld see the other hole and it did not line up good with the engine bracket. You guys with a 3sgte swap how is yours 1 bolt or 2 in on the mount i am talking about? I managed to put 2 in but the mount is cocked to the side now. The only way to line the mount back straight is to put only 1 stud back in and leave the other empty like it was. Any one know what I mean?
presure2
you need a 5sfe bracket and mount.
there is one stud and nut that locates the motor, and 2 bolts, a larger 14mm bolt, and a small 12mm bolt.
mk7celica

Here is the mount thats on there. SEE the 3 holes but there are only 2 on the engine where they mount up
presure2
that looks like the correct mount.
but, sounds like you still have the 3sgte engine bracket.
mk7celica
QUOTE (presure2 @ Jul 15, 2009 - 8:10 AM) *
that looks like the correct mount.
but, sounds like you still have the 3sgte engine bracket.

I was wondering, Does the engine bracket unbolt behind the timeing cover? You gotta talke the cover off? I really want this mount right. It dont give no issues but if it is not right I want to fix it.

Is it suppose to have a 2.2l engine mount on the 3sgte? If so Where can I get one?
lagos
You dont have to take the cover off. There are 3 bolts that connect the bracket to the engine. You can use any 6th gen 5sfe bracket and motor mount. Once you swap those over, all 3 motor mounts will line up.
mk7celica
So the right way to do this is to use the 5sfe mount and the 5sfe engine bracket and just bolt the 5sfe engine bracket up to the 3sgte and I am good to go? This is the fender motor mount I am talking about, Is there any other right way the other mounts should be done? I think the rest is all 5sfe mounts. I am trying to get the engine as solid as I can. I read of others useing st205 mounts is this the same or better? And how about useing what I got now fix the engine bracket and get some motor mount inserts from two r us?
lagos
QUOTE (mk7celica @ Sep 10, 2009 - 1:53 AM) *
So the right way to do this is to use the 5sfe mount and the 5sfe engine bracket and just bolt the 5sfe engine bracket up to the 3sgte and I am good to go?

Yes that's it.
Then just buy the poly inserts for the front and rear motor mounts and you're good to go.
95st-celica
x2 on the polly urathane inserts....for the money, you cant beat it...i love mine
mk7celica
QUOTE (95st-celica @ Sep 10, 2009 - 10:14 PM) *
x2 on the polly urathane inserts....for the money, you cant beat it...i love mine

Anyone have a old or blown 5sfe I can get the engine bracket from? And I just recieved my motor mount inserts got them from kirk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.