Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Raves44
i need to replace the clutch in my car and i looked at the dealer price and its $150 for it and that is kinda high but im doing it myself so its not too bad i was just wondering if anyone has had good look with a cheaper aftermarket one that is not the stock toyota one because im not building for performance or anything just trying to get it going again and my dad has had bad luck with some after markets ones on his car and also the remanufactured ones from autozone so and input is appreciated. Thanks
presure2
for a stock, or near stock car, you really cant beat the feel, engagement, and life of an OEM clutch.
it may be a few dollars more up front, but you get that back over the life of the clutch.
most aftermarket clutches ive seen dont last nearly as long as a stock clutch.
Raves44
alright cool thanks so where is a place to get one of them? like a website or can i get them at a in town shop or the dealer?
presure2
QUOTE (Raves44 @ Jul 19, 2009 - 2:39 AM) *
alright cool thanks so where is a place to get one of them? like a website or can i get them at a in town shop or the dealer?

you can go to www.partznet.com and either order it there, or print the page with the price and go to your local dealer.
most of the time your local dealer will price match the cheaper online dealers.
Raves44
Well thanks for everthything that really helped!
Drew-887
QUOTE (presure2 @ Jul 19, 2009 - 8:29 AM) *

you can go to www.partznet.com and either order it there, or print the page with the price and go to your local dealer.

Im looking to get a clutch myself and i was wondering where a can get an oem clutch for a good price?
FunkySR
I can do an Exedy clutch for US$135 delivered in US.
Raves44
well i went to toyotapartscenter.net and its like $150 i think so im gonna print that off and take it to the dealer
presure2
QUOTE (Drew-887 @ Jul 21, 2009 - 5:06 PM) *
QUOTE (presure2 @ Jul 19, 2009 - 8:29 AM) *

Im looking to get a clutch myself and i was wondering where a can get an oem clutch for a good price?

look at the bold print.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.