Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air intakes
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
97celicaca
are all air intakes pretty much the same? like those APC ones you always find @ autozone etc. are they crappy or what? also is it hard to install an air intake? or do i need a pro?
FallenHero
I installed my first intake in about 15 minutes if that tells you anything.

Jon

EDIT: oh, and a short ram is a short ram. Just get a good filter and you'll be good.
PlanetFuzz
I have very minimal knowledge about cars and I did mine. I recommend the Injen one
nicksceli
if your going with cold air brand will most likely make a small difference but if your going with a short ram air buy the cheap one and get a quality filter like k&n and you'll be good. i made my own intake with pvc and a k&n filter and am very pleased with the results. it sounds mean and is a little quicker accelerating.
97sccelica
i have that same intake.

i had it on my car then i went turbo. im still using it but i had to modify it a bit.
initialdrift55
Wut intake for the St do you recomend CAI or short ram and wut brand?
BigEdge169
I've got an ST and I've had a short ram (if you want to call it that) for a while. All I did was take out the air box and I put a cone filter on the end on the plastic intake tube, it worked just fine and was very cheap.
I'm about to build a CAI (I'm waiting on parts) and I'll let you know if I notice any difference after this weekend.
You can make one relatively easily or Doleck Racing (http://www.evilspeed.com/cai.htm) makes a good one too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.