Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Piping
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
kingpreetham
I have been looking to get some custom piping done to my celi exhaust.
Does anybody know of a place in or arnd Dallas who could do some custom piping.
Thanks,
Preetham.
Coomer
Are you looking to get custom crush-bent, or mandrel-bent exhaust?
kingpreetham
I guess mandrel-bent exhaust's are better...
Coomer
If you're looking for mandrel-bent, I'd suggest buying the pipes you want in the lengths you want, and then having a shop weld them together for you, as almost no shops have mandrel pipe bending machines.
kuya1284
QUOTE (kingpreetham @ Oct 24, 2003 - 8:18 AM)
Thanks,
Preetham.

Have you tried looking in the yellow pages for a muffler shop, yet?
st202gt
have any of u guys tried this way yet....because i know shop will do it.. if you are willing to buy the piping..
Coomer
QUOTE (st202gt @ Oct 24, 2003 - 4:18 PM)
have any of u guys tried this way yet....because i know shop will do it.. if you are willing to buy the piping..

Tried what way? Can you please clarify what exactly you're talking about?
st202gt
by just buying the manderl bent piping and have the shop weld them together... u will have to measure the length of the exhuast to get the exact size to make... i think it not that hard making due to such little curl on the exhuast.. in sport compact magazine they have an article that will show you how to make your own exhuast system... it in the november 2001 issues.
Hym3n
I don't know much about what you're talking about, but on a drive home today I saw a custom exhaust shop off of 377 heading into Keller from Watauga. It was on the right, had a blue roof (or building was blue, something was), and a big sign with something along the lines of "Custom Exhausts and Mufflers", not to mention various other things. Never been there, don't know anything about the place, just thought I'd let ya know!

-Brian
Chrobis
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Oct 24, 2003 - 2:13 PM)
QUOTE (kingpreetham @ Oct 24, 2003 - 8:18 AM)
Thanks,
Preetham.

Have you tried looking in the yellow pages for a muffler shop, yet?

yeh, I'm with kuya on that... Look in the yellow pages. Any exhaust shop can do this for you, it is common work. And Expanding on what Coomer said, the shop that will do mine after the swap will provide the piping.
kingpreetham
don't most muffler shops do crush bending...???

Thanks you Hym3n, i will check out the place..
Matthew
most do do crush bending but some do mandrel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.