Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advise please
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
6G96GT
I got 180K (close to it) on my engine. I already did the head, full exhaust, SRI, full tune up with good stuff, and new 02 sensor. Is there anything else I could replace to bring back some life to my engine like say fuel injectors, rail, fuel pump, fpr, etc?? Would it be worth it or not to replace those fuel parts? They do have all that mileage on em.
keison2000
I would say add new injectors and a fuel pump. in the future you can use cleaner to keep those parts clean, but it seems like you have never done it so I would say do it. It might not give you a substantial amount of power, but your ride will run smoother. Have you done a timing belt change. Do that if you haven't.
6G96GT
QUOTE (keison2000 @ Aug 24, 2009 - 4:20 PM) *
I would say add new injectors and a fuel pump. in the future you can use cleaner to keep those parts clean, but it seems like you have never done it so I would say do it. It might not give you a substantial amount of power, but your ride will run smoother. Have you done a timing belt change. Do that if you haven't.

yep, I've done the timing belt too. I'm looking for it to run smoother and maybe add more throttle response that I 'believe' I've lost over the mileage. Thanks!
presure2
you can have your injectors cleaned, i recomend injectorservices.com they do them for ~13$ ea.
cheaper than rc engineering, with the same services.
you get a before and after printout so you know exactly how bad/good they were/are.
whats your compression like?
chances are than the losses your feeling are more in your head than anything else, unless the motor has really been abused.
when you say "good stuff" for ignition parts, i assume you mean OEM parts?(other than plugs)
make sure all your grounds are clean and attached well.
you could also look at your suspension, things like worn wheel bearings and what not will also cause more drag which will affect performance as well.
6G96GT
I had my head fully rebuilt 2 months ago and the suspension components as well. I'm thinking the loss is just never having a new celica and trying to compare what I have now and how it runs to how I would think it should run. My compression is good as I remember when the head was done. I'm just trying to bring everything a bit more tight...unless I'm actually as good as I can get with a block with 180K.
freddy121389
throw a 50 shot in it, if it dies, swap in a 3s thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.