Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't Decice
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
keison2000
Hi guys/gals,

I am so torn as to what to do with my 6th gen, 1994 ST. I need more power and I wanted to do a 20v swap and turbo it, but I don't know how reliable that is. Then I was like I will just get a gze and take it from there. Then I see the last gen 3SGE Beams and I was like revving that beast would make me so happy on the street, but it is pricey. . Help me out guys!!! The only thing is that for the price of the Beams I can buy a gze and have it swapped in for the $2300price tag I saw. OMG!!! This decision is killing me. I want to try and get this done before the Midwest Meet next June.
jimmykay
I don't know much about the 7a since i have a GT, but have you looked at doing a 7afte? I know its been done, but don't know how it compares cost-wise.
keison2000
QUOTE (jimmykay @ Aug 28, 2009 - 12:04 PM) *
I don't know much about the 7a since i have a GT, but have you looked at doing a 7afte? I know its been done, but don't know how it compares cost-wise.

I have looked into it, but the 7a is just so limited as far as power. the most I've heard people sweeze out is like 200whp. Which is good, but a gze is already s/c and wouldn't need internals swapped and other wishy washy stuff. 200whp is about all I need, but I think adding a turbo to the 7a takes away from it's reliability. kindasad.gif i did think about s/c a 7a just for the availability of the tq threw the powerband. It's tough..
richee3
Since you have an ST, you've already got the grounds for the 4AGZE. It would be a lot more money and a lot more work to swap the BEAMS in, but you've already got everything ready to go for the 4A swap, and if you are content with 200 whp, then that sounds like a good choice for you. I wanted the 4AGZE back when I had my ST, but I never had that car long enough to get anything done with it. Keep us updated on what you decide to do! And I hope you get it done before the midwest meet! I want a ride in a 4AGZE Celica.
keison2000
I will sure keep you posted Richie... I plan on having it done before then.
richee3
QUOTE (keison2000 @ Aug 28, 2009 - 10:21 PM) *
I will sure keep you posted Richie... I plan on having it done before then.

thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.