Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats gonna happen
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
bojangles_8686
I got pulled over this morning for 80 in a 35......

5 points
$523

What can I do about it? can I work some off through community service?
Mynzeyes
or you could pay it, and accept fault...why were you doing 80 in a 35?
bojangles_8686
I was going 80 in a 35 because im a typical teenager and I think I can do anyhing and not get caught. Yeah I am stupid I was trying to catch up with my girlfriend lol. She got pulled over for the same thing. I am gonna try to work it off through community service but I dunno how thats gonna turn out...
hioctane
You can go to traffic school to reduce the cost of your ticket. I think you get your points reduced too, but I'm no sure. Going 85 mph in a 35 mph zone is bad. I only got pulled over for running a red-light.

Just wait until you get a notice from the officer. Then go to the place recommended below your ticket or from your notice. Tell them you want to go to traffic school to reduce the cost of your ticket and points. Then once you pay the amount on the notice, they'll give you a list of traffic school and you gotta pay another fee. It's around $35.
hioctane
Then you go to traffic school. It's easy, just pretend you're paying attention and you'll pass. It's 8 hrs of pretending though smile.gif sucks to be you
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (hioctane @ Oct 26, 2003 - 2:52 PM)
Then you go to traffic school. It's easy, just pretend you're paying attention and you'll pass. It's 8 hrs of pretending though smile.gif sucks to be you

i've never been to the 8hr school...i always just got the 4hr class. smile.gif.
Matthew
I'VE GOT AN IDEA

dont speed
97sccelica
well, im not too sure but i think here in CA if you are going more than 40mph over the speed limit you get your licence suspended.

but there is no argueing going more than double the speed limit. go to court, admit guilt and pay the fine, they might ease up on you.
blkGT
well if u take the skool, it reduces the ticket by 18%, lowers the points and as long as there wasnt an accident ur insurance cant legally go up. good luck
Andason
QUOTE (bojangles_8686 @ Oct 26, 2003 - 1:17 PM)
I got pulled over this morning for 80 in a 35......

ouch.

That isnt bad at all for price/points.

Here in WI they'd cut your license right in front of you.
CupCrazy38
Man... you're lucky. Here in GA a teenager going 20 + mph over the posted speed limit can be taken straigh to jail and have their license suspended.
Akimbo
Holy mother! Man, no offense, but you kinda got what was coming to you..
Andason
Slow down... this is a neighborhood!!!! smile.gif

MR BOOOJANNNNGLLLEEESSSS

I would send you the link on how to beat a speeding ticket but that would NEVER work when you were going 70 bajillion over.
Coomer
I feel for you man. We've probably all gone that much above the speed limit at one point though, so don't feel too bad. Is it your first ticket?
Hym3n
I'm laughing but very confused. If you were in a 35, odds are theres many stoplights, lets guess 5 in a 3 mile strip. Sounds about right, right? Ok, how did you manage to make it to 85mph in just over 3,000 feet, with [another assumption] moderate traffic? I know if I was to do that in my area not only would they take my license, but odds are I'd hit probably 407345 other cars doing so, and it'd take me a good mile to actually get up to 85mph.. but then again, I have a poorly tuned (just got her) ST.

Admit guilt, call yourself a dumbass if that's what it takes, pay the fine..

-Brian
bojangles_8686
QUOTE (Hym3n @ Oct 26, 2003 - 11:07 PM)
I'm laughing but very confused. If you were in a 35, odds are theres many stoplights, lets guess 5 in a 3 mile strip. Sounds about right, right? Ok, how did you manage to make it to 85mph in just over 3,000 feet, with [another assumption] moderate traffic? I know if I was to do that in my area not only would they take my license, but odds are I'd hit probably 407345 other cars doing so, and it'd take me a good mile to actually get up to 85mph.. but then again, I have a poorly tuned (just got her) ST.

Admit guilt, call yourself a dumbass if that's what it takes, pay the fine..

-Brian

Actually it was on a back road, where there are no traffic lights, and no traffic. Ive already called myself stupid trust me. And if I can work community service I am gonna work community service instead of paying the fine.

EDIT: And i was going 80, not 85 rolleyes.gif
bojangles_8686
QUOTE (Coomer @ Oct 26, 2003 - 10:49 PM)
I feel for you man. We've probably all gone that much above the speed limit at one point though, so don't feel too bad. Is it your first ticket?

This is my frist speeding ticket yes. I have got a ticket before but it was for one of the bulbs in my tail light not working and for having blue bulbs in my sidemarker lights.
Andason
you actually got a ticket for that? the majority of the time if you prove they got them fixed they'll drop it in court.
blkGT
alright no more putting him down.we all mess up, and we regret it, learn and live on. thats how life goes. best of luck... dont bother fighting it.. go admit guilt pay ur fine and take ur safety course (refer to my post up top) once again good luck man...

*its that carbon fiber hood bro, it just makes u fly tongue.gif *
bojangles_8686
Haha thanks blkGT, about those sidemarkers tho... I did prove that i got them fixed but I still had to pay the fine.. $45
Andason
QUOTE (bojangles_8686 @ Oct 26, 2003 - 9:41 PM)
Haha thanks blkGT, about those sidemarkers tho... I did prove that i got them fixed but I still had to pay the fine.. $45

Well whoever your judge was is lame.
celicalover
yea you should get some sidemarkers like yours and put them on HIS car
Andason
lol, i dont think the judge would appreciate that too much. (unless he has 18"s and nos that was seized) haha
PlanetFuzz
Did you have a radar detector? Maybe you should invest in one. Mine has saved my butt several times. I wouldn't be shocked if I got one like that but damn....I go 55 in 35's but wow. But hey...I have done it before. You can laugh at me WHEN it happens to me
bojangles_8686
I have a radar detector but its from target and it never works.
Coomer
QUOTE (bojangles_8686 @ Oct 26, 2003 - 9:18 PM)

Cops don't have to use radar detectors to see that you're speeding very fast in a 35 though. wink.gif When I got my ticket for 70+ in a 45, the cop never used radar at all.
Andason
I hope you fought that. Visual detection is not an accurate way of measuring speed. The most he could of gave you was a Unreasonable and Imprudent.
Coomer
QUOTE (Andason @ Oct 26, 2003 - 9:22 PM)
I hope you fought that. Visual detection is not an accurate way of measuring speed. The most he could of gave you was a Unreasonable and Imprudent.

No, I actually didn't, but I sure wish I would've. I could've probably got it deferred, but I never took it to court, mostly because my parents didn't want me to for some reason. frown.gif
bojangles_8686
Well my dad talked to the MVA. Since its 5 points I wont be able to work it off through community service. The only thing I can do is goto court and plead for forgiveness and hope the judge has pity on me. My friend got pulled over going 102 on the same road and he went to court and the judge made him pay only $25 from the original $1100 that he was supposed to pay.
Drocay
your friend must be real lucky and u can hope u get the same judge or who ever it is gives u pitty.
sphinx
I got pulled over for going 115mph on the 10 freeway heading West through West Covina.

I had to pay a fine of $350 and had to do 2 days (16 hrs) of community service. They did'nt take away my license, and they did'nt put any restrictions on my license, but it counts for 2 points on the license.

So that was going 115 mph on a 65mph freeway. That's about 50mph faster than i was supposed to.

hehe. GOOD TIMES.
BlackSTX
Get a lawyer! He'll charge you a $100 bucks or so and he'll get that speed and fine reduced by a LOT. He'll save you a lot of points. I recommend always getting a lawyer for a speeding ticket. You'll rarely end up paying much more than what your fine would be anyway, and judges always reduce the offense by a lot for them. A lawyer got a ticket for me (20 over) changed to an improper equipment and no points, and another one did the same for my brother in another county. It is money well spent.
sphinx
oh, and the reason why i did'nt get a BIG fine was because i did fight the ticket.

I knew from the get go that he clocked me, and that i was done for in court. So the most that I could do was fight it and hope that the punishment would'nt be too bad.

So my case was this.

"It was 3 in the morning and there were a few cars on the freeway. Arround me there were 5 cars. We were all traveling at the same speed. I'm not exactly sure how fast we were going because my speedometer was not working. But i did get it fixed (I showed him a fake receipt that a budy of mine gave me from his shop).Like i said your honor , it's possible that he might have clocked another car, but i still dont understand why he pulled me over if all 5 or 6 cars were going at the same speed. All i was doing was going at the flow of traffic."

After i told him that , he told me that he found me guilty and he also told me what the punishment was going to be. He said there was a fine of $1,000, 2 weeks of community service, and that they were gonna suspend my license for a year. But then he said that because i provided evidence that my speedometer was not working and that i got it fixed, he was going to give me the smallest punishment.

And that was the $350 fine and 2 days of community service.

That's it.

!@#$. i was lucky. biggrin.gif
bojangles_8686
Does anybody have any advice on what I should say to the judge?
Matthew
QUOTE (Coomer @ Oct 26, 2003 - 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (bojangles_8686 @ Oct 26, 2003 - 9:18 PM)

Cops don't have to use radar detectors to see that you're speeding very fast in a 35 though. wink.gif When I got my ticket for 70+ in a 45, the cop never used radar at all.

yea i agree with coomer

i can definitely tell what speed someone is going give or take 5 mph by looking at the car

i mean 80 in a 35 thats just not smart decision making

i wish i was a cop like that dude in japan with the Top Secret Supra. I dont remember how much hp or tq it had but definitely over 700. just imagine GETTING PAID to drive around all day. man thats the life.
celicagt94
I got a ticket for 82 in a 55 after 12(only 16) without my liscence. not having my liscence saved me cuz he didnt realize i was on provisionals untill after he wrote the ticket

im gonna post-pone mine as much as i can and hope the cop doesnt show, i advise u do the same

good luck
celicagt94
o and i just purchased a cobra detector but it was probably a waste of money cuz i dont speed anymore since i got my ticket

o and another thing, dont worry about it now u still got a few months to prepare
CupCrazy38
Cops don't have to use radar detectors to see that you're speeding very fast in a 35 though.  When I got my ticket for 70+ in a 45, the cop never used radar at all.

How did he get you? If he got you by laser you're screwed.

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever been asked by a cop if you'd like to have to radar checked?

In most places cops have to check their radar's accuracy before they hit the road. You're supposed to be informed of your rights to have the radar checked on the spot. And then at the end of their shift, the radar has to be checked for accuracy again. If at any point the radar doesn't check out, you get out of your ticket.

I'd suggest you don't ask the cop though if he doesn't inform you. You can get out of the ticket by telling the judge you were denied your rights, and you make the cop look bad...
ghostdog
QUOTE (Matthew @ Oct 27, 2003 - 5:35 PM)
i wish i was a cop like that dude in japan with the Top Secret Supra.  I dont remember how much hp or tq it had but definitely over 700.  just imagine GETTING PAID to drive around all day.  man thats the life.

the guy with the Top Secret Supra, Nagata, isn't a cop. He's the president of Top Secret and he's done high speed runs both on the Wangan and the British A1. check out this link:

http://www.exvitermini.com/mnagata.htm
nicksceli
whatever you do dont get a lawyer. it may be smart to talk to one but from my traffic court experience (there quite often) the people who take lawyers get the maximum unless there is something wrong about how the ticket was written out. for example my friend and i both got caught racing each other. both tickets were written out the same by the same officer. we both fought th ticket and had the same judge. i went by myself in a shirt and tie. he went with his lawyer and both parents. i got the entire thing dropped and that poor fool got the whole 9 yards $1000 and 6 month suspension. well the point of the story is just when you go to court dress nice and speak like your inteligent. and the judge will most likely help you out.
gjunon
well i got a ticket going 85 in a 65 on the 15 north im fighting it there was no pace no radar no nothing the cop just said i was speeding... IM PISSED i have my court date on nov 20 im trying to get them to move it to dec 20th so i can go with out missing classes well wish me much luck biggrin.gif but i think i got this one licked because my dad's 300zx was what i was driving it is his car not mine and the speedometer is screwed up i was using his car to get back and fourth to work and school for a couple weeks while my car was in the shop because my sister backed up into it and fu$%ed it all up frown.gif i was very upset then this a hole cope comes along and gives me a ticket ... anyway my dad is going to write a letter to the court letting them know of the faulty speedometer and that i was borrowing the car for a couple days while my car was being fixed wish me luck biggrin.gif

btw i think i know how u can fight that ticket biggrin.gif hehe just say that the ticket is insaine and you were doing the speed limit and then go and say is it possible you could have radared some on going the opposite way of traffic biggrin.gif easy way out tehehehe i did my home work biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.