Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the 3s-gte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
warm02
ok! i know that the 3rd gen 3s-gte is a 255hp engine. 2.0.
i know that the 3rd gen 3s-gte will fit just perfectly in my gts engine bay.
what i want to know is,
-is the 3rd gen 3s-gte a 4 wheel drive??
-if yes, will it cost me a lot of money to make the 2 rear wheel wheel spin?
-what the price of a 3s-gte clip

thanx everyone
blkGT
i will answer these the best i can, but i only know what ive read on this site.

-yes, it is awd off of an all trac celica, and if u dont plan on modding it well over 300hp, then your stock tranny with an upgraded clutch will work fine.
-you can check a few places, www.jarcoinc.com seems to be everyones first choice. You can also check out venus, but i believe that its coomer, who had many problems with them... CORRECTION: Coomer is having tons of trouble with storm. Not to bad mouth VENUS... I know nothing about them.

check out this site for a complete run down of the swap. it is qatar11's documentary of his st swap. www.topshelfracing.com

if u need anything else feel free to use teh search button or make another post biggrin.gif
Coomer
Well, an engine itself isn't all wheel drive, or two wheel drive. It's the tranny and the drivetrain that determines that. The tranny that is mated up to the third generation 3S-GTE is all wheel drive though, and it will cost a lot of money to convert the car to all wheel drive. It involves buying a rear clip of a GT-Four, cutting and welding parts such as the rear floor, re-locating the gas tank, etc. It's a ton of work, and will cost you a lot of money. I'd guess that it'd cost you over $10,000 Canadian at least only for the AWD conversion.

As far as the price of the 3S-GTE clip, it varies, but expect to pay $2,500 or more for a quality clip from a reputable company. Also, they're in high demand and there aren't many wrecked ST205 Celicas, so they're very hard to find.

Also, the third generation 3S-GTE has 255 PS, which equals 251 horsepower. wink.gif Hope this helps. smile.gif

And blkGT, the company that I'm having problems with is Storm Performance. In just a few minutes, I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau again. I've called and emailed Storm every single day for the last two weeks, but I've never recieved any replies. frown.gif
Supersprynt
The mechanical part of swapping is the easy part, its doing the wiring that will take you a long time.
thedevilmaycrie
for the wiring talk to mike email him at Mike@topshelfracing.com 450 for the complete wiring harness and it looks great and best of all he know how to do all the wiring harnesses from 1st gen 3sgte (st189) 2nd gen (sw20) and the 3rd gen (fabeled st205) and his work in really good i was empressed. just tell him thedevilmaycrie sent you
kuya1284
QUOTE (thedevilmaycrie @ Oct 29, 2003 - 3:21 PM)
for the wiring talk to mike email him at Mike@topshelfracing.com 450 for the complete wiring harness and it looks great and best of all he know how to do all the wiring harnesses from 1st gen 3sgte (st189) 2nd gen (sw20) and the 3rd gen (fabeled st205) and his work in really good i was empressed. just tell him thedevilmaycrie sent you

It looks like you're a little unclear on chassis codes my friend.

The chassis codes that you mentioned are used to identify a generation and model car, not engine. 3S-GTE is the name used to identify the engine.

The 1st gen 3S-GTE can be found in the 4th gen GT-FOUR / ALL-TRAC, whose chassis code is ST165.

The 2nd gen 3S-GTE can be found in the 5th gen GT-FOUR / ALL-TRAC and the 2nd gen MR2 (90 to early 94), whose chassis codes are ST185 and SW20, respectively.

The 3rd gen 3S-GTE can be found in the 6th gen GT-FOUR, 2nd gen MR2 (late 94 to 99), and the Caldina, whose chassis codes are ST205, SW20, and ST215, respectively.

The 4th gen 3S-GTE can be found only in the new Caldina GT-FOUR, whose chassis code is ST246.

There's nothing fabeled about the 3rd gen 3S-GTE or the ST205, considering this is what I have in my car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.