Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting A New Journey
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
dustin15brown
So, I had planned on buying a 3sgte next summer after I finished the 350z project and had some time to do all the proper research. Trying to decide which gen 3s I wanted, my power goals, what tranny, and all that.... and then a guy an hour or so from me posted a gen 2 clip for sale.

So here it is. Gen 2 st185 rhd clip. Drove an hour or so to pick it up..... and yes i know it looks like a mess right now, trying to move it with a cherry picker sucked into that little bitty ass trailer. But here's a few pics:

and yes, i took a lot of shi* off to get the chains to work and get it in the trailer
SwissFerdi
Waiting for the results. Nice man, good luck with it.
Batman722
congrats D, great price !
spolski07
about damn time dustin! congrats and keep us posted
freddy121389
what it must feel like to be apart of the boosted crew
Nartanian
That was straight up thievery. Nice find.
rzanology
will you be willing to sell the blue broom on the dash?!
Fate
dope.
OOBE
QUOTE (rzanology @ Sep 29, 2009 - 9:26 AM) *
will you be willing to sell the blue broom on the dash?!

I already have dibs on that.
dustin15brown
we noticed the rest of the busted windshield was flapping in the wind, so we thought on our feet and used a broom and some good old fashioned electrical tape smile.gif
broom will be sold for $400..... due to JDM-ness rubbing off on it
BBoYRuGGeD
man thats cheap...good find

-bboy
Superaison
They were gonna deliver it to me for $600..

Cept I didnt have a GT and couldnt find cheaper parts to use the 3s in my ST.

I hope you complete this, i'll keep my eye on it.
njccmd2002
good luck and nice find,

about the broom, that should be vacuum wrapped and placed on ebay just for kicks to see how many bids it gets!
lagos
best deal ever.. congrats.
SwissFerdi
How much for the broom shipped to 33912?
dustin15brown
Ok so I'm starting my list of things to check/replace while the motor is out. Please add:
Belts
Thermostat
Plugs
GriffGirl
QUOTE (dustin15brown @ Sep 29, 2009 - 11:19 AM) *
we noticed the rest of the busted windshield was flapping in the wind, so we thought on our feet and used a broom and some good old fashioned electrical tape smile.gif
broom will be sold for $400..... due to JDM-ness rubbing off on it

LOL I was totally gonna say, I love the JDM broom but then I read your post laugh.gif
supershannon77
Belts
Thermostat
Plugs
gaskets
clutch
rear main seal
water pump

im sure there are more
SlvrCelica09
QUOTE (supershannon77 @ Oct 1, 2009 - 7:51 PM) *
Belts
Thermostat
Plugs
gaskets
clutch
rear main seal
water pump

im sure there are more

also check out the 2nd gen body and chassis manual.. as well as engine.. find out what plugs goes where.. wiring up the ECU will be time consuming.. but not hard in my opinion.. if you read in advance it'll save you more time when your ready to start the wiring. You will do fine =)
dustin15brown
QUOTE (SlvrCelica09 @ Oct 2, 2009 - 3:32 AM) *
QUOTE (supershannon77 @ Oct 1, 2009 - 7:51 PM) *
Belts
Thermostat
Plugs
gaskets
clutch
rear main seal
water pump

im sure there are more

also check out the 2nd gen body and chassis manual.. as well as engine.. find out what plugs goes where.. wiring up the ECU will be time consuming.. but not hard in my opinion.. if you read in advance it'll save you more time when your ready to start the wiring. You will do fine =)

plugs i'm usually pretty good with after the nightmare of the 350z. Although I need to get the harness to tweak so he can rig it all up for me
Also thinking of picking up a ct 20-b to help things run a little more efficiently....

95st-celica
T-belt
Thermostat (TRD low temp or oem is best)
NGK 6097's gaped at .028
DP gasket, TVIS gasket
Front main seal
rear main seal
cam seals
water pump
Injector insulators

couple lengths of vac hose in different sizes, replace all that are cracked, have holes, look old, whatever

all new fluids, tranny fluid, oil, oil filter, fuel filter.

Just general maintaince will get it done....good luck with everything...hope it all works out

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.