Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunwukongg's progress thread.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
sunwukongg
My 94 Celica GT when i first got her. These are the only pictures I have of her being completely stock. kindasad.gif Got her on February 17th, 2008. 16x,xxx miles. (the white celi)

Short Air Intake, M2 Performance Headers

De-badged, supra style spoiler, 2.5" custom piping with Greddy Evo 2 muffler

5 Panel Wink Mirror, White custom glow gauges, and TOMTOM gps from black friday '09

Carbon Fiber Hood and Clear turn signals&corners

Swapped out the Greddy Evo 2 and put in an NRG Carbon Fiber Muffler w/burnt tip

Megan Coilovers

Gold Konigs(Maxxim Ahead) with red Gorilla Lug nuts

11/05/10

jdm tails and stickers 11/29/10

MaskedMan
Again, nice pictures, but there's no need to post the same thing twice. wink.gif
johnnehh
Looks nice. I dig it thumbsup.gif
TiGZ461
Double post?

Cross posting huh? I shall report you.

kidding, but no need to open another thread of the same thing though.

take the spoiler off and throw some blocks and 94-95 spoiler on there it'll look better.
sunwukongg
QUOTE (TiGZ461 @ Oct 4, 2009 - 3:05 AM) *
Double post?

Cross posting huh? I shall report you.

kidding, but no need to open another thread of the same thing though.

take the spoiler off and throw some blocks and 94-95 spoiler on there it'll look better.

the double post was an accident because when i posted it, it was lagging and didnt show up so i posted it on a different thread instead. how do i delete this one?! kindasad.gif

TiGZ461
No prob just ask a mod, they'll close it for you
sunwukongg
QUOTE (TiGZ461 @ Oct 4, 2009 - 3:14 AM) *
No prob just ask a mod, they'll close it for you

Got it, thanks. :]

QUOTE (TiGZ461 @ Oct 4, 2009 - 3:05 AM) *

I was actually considering raiser blocks in the beginning, but i like the supra inspired wing better. plus my budget was way too low for raiser blocks anyway..kindasad.gif i still have my stock wing but its just sittin in the garage now.
TiGZ461
Wish my car brought that spoiler stock, I have a 96 so I have the 3 post spoiler and I have to drill my own holes to put on the 2 post spoiler which sucks.

Blocks ain't all that expensive $130 shipped
sunwukongg
QUOTE (TiGZ461 @ Oct 4, 2009 - 3:04 AM) *
Wish my car brought that spoiler stock, I have a 96 so I have the 3 post spoiler and I have to drill my own holes to put on the 2 post spoiler which sucks.

Blocks ain't all that expensive $130 shipped

i actualy bought that supra wing for $30..haha. saved myself a bunch by not goin for the blocks. and recently installed it aout 3-4 days ago.
VieT9sD
wow 30$? thats so cheap. where do you buy the supra wing anyways? i want one for my coupe.
sunwukongg
it was from a buddy. there were problems with it that's why. haha.
Tigawoods
someones in love with their new car!
sunwukongg
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Oct 6, 2009 - 8:26 AM) *
someones in love with their new car!

not exactly new since ive had it feb 17th 2008 till now. so it's been about a year and 8 months with her :] haha. i do love her though..
Celiquick

So does it transform, too?
sunwukongg
QUOTE (Celiquick @ Oct 7, 2009 - 11:39 AM) *

So does it transform, too?

all the time tongue.gif
freddy121389
im waiting... when is it going to turn into a transformer?
sunwukongg

Espo
Where did you get that decal in the last picture?! I want one!
epocsirhc
There is a celica at my school that is white with the same spoiler, I thought that was your car actually. However the one I see is pretty low. Nice looking celica man!
sunwukongg
QUOTE (Espo @ Mar 25, 2010 - 9:20 PM) *
Where did you get that decal in the last picture?! I want one!

look in the buying/selling thread. there should be a FS custom decals thread. the guys account is "decalsondemand" he custom made it for me. originally it said "i love my supra" but since the celica looks like a supra, i asked him to change the words to celica for me tongue.gif i LOVE it

QUOTE (epocsirhc @ Mar 25, 2010 - 10:51 PM) *
There is a celica at my school that is white with the same spoiler, I thought that was your car actually. However the one I see is pretty low. Nice looking celica man!

oh haha i wanna see..take a picture of it for me! haha. im lowering my cars on tein springs hopefully next week. i already ordered them on ebay :] cant wait!
sunwukongg
Picked up a carbon fiber hood and veilside sideskirts from markie today. skirts will be up after i get em painted.

sunwukongg
stickers

09/17/10 Clear Sidemarkers and clear bumper signals

jordisonjr
Where did you get the cleaer front turns from?
sunwukongg
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 17, 2010 - 9:51 PM) *
Where did you get the cleaer front turns from?

ebay. $60
jordisonjr
lol weird, I've never been able to find any for the pre face bumper.
sunwukongg
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 17, 2010 - 11:47 PM) *

yea its new on ebay.
conus00
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Sep 18, 2010 - 1:22 AM) *
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 17, 2010 - 11:47 PM) *

yea its new on ebay.

Do you have a seller's name/link?
sunwukongg
ordered my Megan Racing coilovers Wednesday night. hoping to receive them by tomorrow smile.gif
HectortheRican
Man you're lucky that upscale had them in stock. I ordered mine on May 18th and they were on back order. Initially, the wait was 3 weeks. It kept getting extended and extended and it turned into 11 weeks. Then when they were supposed to be in America from Taiwan, they unloaded the truck and they weren't there. Turns out the dumba$$es in Taiwan duped up the load and didn't get the container of the Celica coils onto the truck. That really pissed me off so I cancelled my order LOL.
sunwukongg
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 15, 2010 - 1:48 AM) *
Man you're lucky that upscale had them in stock. I ordered mine on May 18th and they were on back order. Initially, the wait was 3 weeks. It kept getting extended and extended and it turned into 11 weeks. Then when they were supposed to be in America from Taiwan, they unloaded the truck and they weren't there. Turns out the dumba$$es in Taiwan duped up the load and didn't get the container of the Celica coils onto the truck. That really pissed me off so I cancelled my order LOL.

i didnt get a tracking number. just upscale's reassurance saying it should be delivered by tomorrow. haha.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 14, 2010 - 11:56 PM) *
i didnt get a tracking number. just upscale's reassurance saying it should be delivered by tomorrow. haha.

Rob is a great guy, you won't be displeased, you can rely on him.
sunwukongg
christmas came early this year.. rolleyes.gif

HectortheRican
Told ya! Mannn, I'm so jealous right now. Be careful with your rear endlinks. If I were you, I'd replace them. I already have brand new Racing Beat ones for when I can get my BC coils.
jordisonjr
^Howcome you suggest replacing endlinks?
HectortheRican
Well because you're putting performance suspension parts on your car. It'll be lower, and more than likely stiffer. The endlinks connect from the rear struts to the rear sway bar. There'll be more of a load on them because of the different suspension characteristics and the performance endlinks will handle it better.
mak5603
Hope to see pics of those installed tonight!
jordisonjr
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 15, 2010 - 5:00 PM) *
Well because you're putting performance suspension parts on your car. It'll be lower, and more than likely stiffer. The endlinks connect from the rear struts to the rear sway bar. There'll be more of a load on them because of the different suspension characteristics and the performance endlinks will handle it better.

So does that mean they should be shorter than stock as well?
I've never really gotten a good grasp on the concept of upgrading endlinks.
Mine are after market as well, but the factory length.
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Oct 15, 2010 - 6:05 PM) *
So does that mean they should be shorter than stock as well?
I've never really gotten a good grasp on the concept of upgrading endlinks.
Mine are after market as well, but the factory length.

From what I know off the top of my head, you want to put them at whatever length necessary to keep slack out of the sway bar.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 15, 2010 - 4:32 PM) *
From what I know off the top of my head, you want to put them at whatever length necessary to keep slack out of the sway bar.

x2

You don't want a lot of preload on the swaybar since it's a DD, you know? That'll make the suspension go bad faster. A safe bet would be to make the new endlinks the same length as the old ones.
sunwukongg
where can i get these endlinks?
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 15, 2010 - 4:57 PM) *

These are the exact ones I have. They're for a Mazda Miata, but the rears work on our cars. Plenty of other members have them on theirs

http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmiata.htm

the endlinks should be the last product on the line. Click on the link that says "1990-97 Front/1990-05 Rear"
sunwukongg
got my coilovers installed smile.gif will post pictures tomorrow after carwash.
sunwukongg

didn't get a carwash because it was raining. but i got some photos of it tonight. this is the out of the box height of the megan coilovers installed on my car. took about 4 hours to install with a buddy. front brake lines didnt mount up so i used stainless steel zipties. the rears mount up perfectly however smile.gif wouldve been faster if the old bolts and nuts werent so stubborn >:( its hard to tell cause its night time how low it got. but basically before there was a 4 finger wheel gap. and now i cant even put my finger in. the rear was 2 1/2 finger gap, and now i cant put my finger in there either. damper adjustment to 26. pretty stiff already, but i LOVELOVELOVE the handling now smile.gif i feel MUCH safer taking corners and much more confident.
whatthe
Car looks heaps better, and have fun with the handling too biggrin.gif
sunwukongg
forgot to mention that i swapped out my old muffler a while back for a carbon fiber burnt tip nrg muffler smile.gif. the muffler i previously had(Greddy Evo 2) sounded louder and was a lot larger, but it got messed up.

and a random picture i took today
4-eyed-freek
looks awsome! thumbsup.gif
sunwukongg
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 15, 2010 - 7:08 PM) *
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 15, 2010 - 4:57 PM) *

These are the exact ones I have. They're for a Mazda Miata, but the rears work on our cars. Plenty of other members have them on theirs

the endlinks should be the last product on the line. Click on the link that says "1990-97 Front/1990-05 Rear"

im about confused with this..so this link

^means it includes front AND rear for $59 correct? and both the front and rear endlinks here work for the celica?
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 22, 2010 - 10:38 PM) *
[quote name='HectortheRican' post='880828' date='Oct

^means it includes front AND rear for $59 correct? and both the front and rear endlinks here work for the celica?

Nononono. ONLY the rear Miata ones will work for our cars. The only reason they're even an option is because they're thicker than the rear ones for Celicas. I'm not sure why the Miata fronts don't work for us, but they don't. You'll get the rear pair for $59. It's better than going to AutoZone and getting ones of the Celica of equal performance, I checked. The Moog rears for our cars, $65... EACH. Hell no. Lol
BonzaiCelica
hey dude. you live in westminster?!! thats pic you randomly took of your car is right next to the 22 fwy on the other side of the toyota dealer. Your cars in front of the indoor/outdoor soccer place right. I next to cypress high school. Tires looked sucked in unfortunately. although very nice drop and you didn't even lower it.

Are you saying that the rear miata's are thicker than the two's r us???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.