Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flush Fit Wheel Fitment
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Driveby
I dont know the exact reading mate, I set it up with a spirit level (to get both sides equal) and how it looked. I have coilover rear suspension set for track use so is very firm, I am planning on rolling my rear arches as Im on a quest for moar low although I dont need to with my current set up. Maybe the 202 and 205 rear suspension setups are quite different, Im not sure. The tops of my rims are flush with the outer arch and I can get 1 finger between the top of the tyre and the arch. The bottom of the strut is only 3mm from the rear cv boot so I darent go any lower on this setup
Im at a 2litre turbo shoot-out tomorrow so will hopefully get some good pics and will post them up for approval.
Hope this helps mate.
Driveby
By looking at the pictures Im running a bit of negative camber in the rear wink.gif Ill have to measure it at work.

vincent_doggy
Guys do some math for me, I have 17x7.5 offset30 all around
No need to be hella flush, just more flush...
Please provide 2 data for the rear if possible:
Roll fender & No Roll
Thanks!
whatthe
VC you will need 15mm on the front and 30 at the back. These are both for roll. I guess if you dont want to roll buy like 10 and 25?
whatthe
Okay 6gc, i have a serious dilemma.

My 15mm bolt on spacers need some serious work on the wheels to get it to work. At the moment they are at the tyre shop waiting for monday to get the back to get shaved abit so the stud and nut that sticks out of the spacer wont get in the way.

Shaving the back in futher would cost like $145 which is basically what the spacers cost. And then i will need shorter studs for the hub.
I was thinking this will be all over if i ran 20mm spacers at the fronts. Cause the nut and stud wont be sticking out.

But that would make my fronts 17x8 +15. I dont know if that is too much poke.
Promasta
marco has 18x8 +15 front and rear, and it looks amazing. but with that aggressive of an offset your 225/45 tires are too wide. with any poke you want a stretched tire, at least 215/45 or 215/40.
whatthe
^ Thanks for that. Marcos running 225 anyway and it looks decent. Either way going to purchase 20mm tomorrow, and hopefully solves all my problems and then pick up rims back from the wheel shop on monday. Alll that running around today in town all for nothing!

808celica
i got bigger ones laugh.gif
whatthe
^Dude how big are they?
808celica
1.5" converted into mm???
Harold_Fastwaker
QUOTE (808celica @ Jun 1, 2010 - 5:16 AM) *
1.5" converted into mm???

nice!

and that is roughly 38mm.
HectortheRican
So my wheel is 7.5" and 45mm offset. the chart says +15mm front and -2mm rear, does that mean I need 30mm spacers on front and 47mm rear?? I'm just trying to understand, I'm not sure I'm doing the math right. That seems a little big
sunwukongg
QUOTE (Harold_Fastwaker @ Feb 9, 2010 - 1:36 AM) *
QUOTE (808celica @ Feb 8, 2010 - 3:21 AM) *
just something i keep forgetting to post

http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/

Harold, you down??? laugh.gif
If I see your car on fatlace i'll get my car up there too wink.gif

I was going to submit my car once my exhaust is finished and I am fully happy with my stance. So hopefully it will be on there shortly.

get your car up there already!
diegohiga
Ok I have question.. Someone might asked this before but my only access to 6gc is thru my phone and I can't serch to much from here cause is slow.. Ok my question is... I want my rear wheels to look flush! I have 18x7.5 35 offset and I already rolled my fenders... The chart says I have to get 37mm sapcers? That's = to 1.5 inches spacers.. Is that right? And I would need to get the camber bolts?
block
this wheel flush thing is confusing me. LOL....i've been reading so much and it's still confusing! maybe im just not getting this at all...
easternpiro1
QUOTE (block @ Sep 13, 2010 - 11:36 PM) *
this wheel flush thing is confusing me. LOL....i've been reading so much and it's still confusing! maybe im just not getting this at all...

x2 im so confused. im interested in this thread because i like the deep dish rims and want some for my celica but i know you have to have certain measurements/offset which is confusing to me...
block
tell me about it bro kindasad.gif i just want my wheels flushed lol laugh.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (easternpiro1 @ Sep 13, 2010 - 11:55 PM) *
QUOTE (block @ Sep 13, 2010 - 11:36 PM) *

x2 im so confused. im interested in this thread because i like the deep dish rims and want some for my celica but i know you have to have certain measurements/offset which is confusing to me...

What size are your wheels? diameter, width, offset
easternpiro1
right now i have some 7.5 widths on there, but i plan on buying some new ones towards the end of the year. i want some rims with a 2-4 inch lip i like the look just not sure how that applies to the dimension of the rim.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (easternpiro1 @ Sep 14, 2010 - 11:12 PM) *
right now i have some 7.5 widths on there, but i plan on buying some new ones towards the end of the year. i want some rims with a 2-4 inch lip i like the look just not sure how that applies to the dimension of the rim.

You just need to find out the offset & width of the rim you want and use the chart to do the math for spacers Like me for example, I have a 7.5" wide wheel with a +45mm offset. According to the chart, I need a +15mm in the front, and -2mm in the rear, which means I'll need a 30mm spacer up front and a 47mm in the rear (which is crazy, that's too big)
whatthe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBWeQHZy_nw...ture=grec_index

Great video that gets to the point of pros and cons of spacers
HectortheRican
Great video!! thumbsup.gif
chacha
so do we use hub centric spacers or the lugs spacers?

i have 17x7.5 35mm offset...

option with roll or not?

how did you guys do the math....i want to be hell flush too.
whatthe
HUB centric
HectortheRican
QUOTE (chacha @ Sep 23, 2010 - 7:53 PM) *
so do we use hub centric spacers or the lugs spacers?

i have 17x7.5 35mm offset...

option with roll or not?

how did you guys do the math....i want to be hell flush too.

The chart is on the 1st page of this thread.
chacha
i saw the first page...with mines...since the rims are the same....front and rear...confirming i need 15mm?
HectortheRican
QUOTE (chacha @ Sep 23, 2010 - 10:06 PM) *
i saw the first page...with mines...since the rims are the same....front and rear...confirming i need 15mm?

Nah. The fenders are wider in the back so you need more offset in the rear. Proper offset for 7.5" wide is +15mm front, -2mm rear
chacha
thanks...so i would ask for a -2mm rear hub cent spacer and +15mm hub cent spacer.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (chacha @ Sep 23, 2010 - 10:58 PM) *
thanks...so i would ask for a -2mm rear hub cent spacer and +15mm hub cent spacer.

Nononononono! That would do nothing lol
Your wheels are +35mm offset, all 4. So fronts need a 20mm spacer to bring it down to +15mm and rears need a 37mm spacer to bring it down to -2mm. Get it? It took me a while too lol
chacha
man...hahaha....craziness...reading didn't seem like you had to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, BUT the end results makes you feel like a fool; i ended with some many question marks on my face. biggrin.gif

THANKS for the clarification Hec...
HectortheRican
No problem man biggrin.gif
sunwukongg
is it possible for me to just get a flushed aggressive stance look without rolling fenders and stretched tires?
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 1, 2010 - 11:28 AM) *
is it possible for me to just get a flushed aggressive stance look without rolling fenders and stretched tires?

You only need stretched tires for hellaflush. You can get a great looking and aggressive functional flush look, but you'll still need to roll the rear fenders. The fronts are already rolled.
Ted95
QUOTE (Driveby @ May 3, 2010 - 2:07 PM) *
By looking at the pictures Im running a bit of negative camber in the rear wink.gif Ill have to measure it at work.

that looks BA bro, thats how i want mines to look. wat size spacers did u use and did u have to roll the fenders?
96stgreendemon
Ok so i think that i may have this,
with my 7th gen gts wheels they have an offset of + 38 i believe, so a 16 mm spacer up front, and a 33mm spacer in the back and i would be flush correct? running 205 series tires
HectortheRican
Damn, 7th gen wheels are 8"?! Didn't know that. But yeah, you'd be flush as a toilet.

Sorry for the pun.

Edit: I did some research and 7th gen wheels are 6.5", from what I found.
96stgreendemon
the wheels are 6.5 wide but a 205 tire is 8 inches wide
HectortheRican
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Nov 16, 2010 - 3:54 PM) *

Gotcha. Why do that, may I so ask? Lol
96stgreendemon
was oem spec on the tire and gives me more grip
HectortheRican
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Nov 16, 2010 - 3:59 PM) *
was oem spec on the tire and gives me more grip

Ah, makes sense. Well I think those spacers would work...
96stgreendemon
Yeah looking at 240 bucks for the set...... but gonna go 20 up front lol
HectortheRican
Dayyum lol. I want to get new wheels by this time next year. 8" wide lol
BonzaiCelica
+39mm offset for 7gc rims
whatthe
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Nov 17, 2010 - 8:54 AM) *

Uhhh a 205 can fit nicely on 6.5-7
8 inch wide your looking at 215 225

If your putting 205 over 8 you will be stretching it
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (whatthe @ Nov 16, 2010 - 9:40 PM) *
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Nov 17, 2010 - 8:54 AM) *

Uhhh a 205 can fit nicely on 6.5-7
8 inch wide your looking at 215 225

If your putting 205 over 8 you will be stretching it

you read it wrong he said that a 205mm size tire is about 8 inches wide!
BonzaiCelica

this is a one man job if ya use your logic a little. This is when you are tightening the studs so that are seated into the hub. Installed my wheel spacers and they look awesome
njccmd2002
^^^ Bro be carerful with that pry bar, that can actually damage the studs if you use to much force. i would protect them with lug nuts. at least.

It happened to me...
BonzaiCelica
what are you talking about. how can I break them?? well I already put all of them on so its done with
sunwukongg
pics of your rides stance please bonzai haha
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Nov 30, 2010 - 11:51 AM) *
pics of your rides stance please bonzai haha

the cars dirty right now and so are the rims. I'm going to wax it next Saturday maybe, and if not I'll just take some pictures since its supposed to rain this Saturday. The wheels don't look like wow but they look good. It's probably better if you check em out in person one of these weekends
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.