Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Here need some advice
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
needtolearn
Hey guys I came across this site and its pretty informative and stuff. Im looking to get my first car soon and I was looking into a 6th gen celica preferably a stick gt. Hopefully I can get one and then become a regular poster on here and you guys are really knowledgeable.

My name is June and I live in torrance I go to a community college so it sucks not having a car haha. I like the whole look of the 6th gen esp. the front its like a supra. I was looking at this one and I was wondering what some of you guys thought about it. Seems to have gotten its front bumper replaced which means it might have been in an accident which couldve messed with the engine area? even though it says clean title.. I might check it out with a friend but I dont really want to waste his time driving over there to find a piece of junk. Thanks for the help guys

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/1412422125.html
SwissFerdi
I believe that to be a C-ONE bumper since the hood meets the top of the bumper, whereas the bumper from a GT-4 would need a GT-4 hood to match. Basically, it's an upgrade and does not mean that the OEM bumper was damaged. But a damaged crash bar or frame would be an indicator of front end damage.

And also, that's a 5-speed transmission, not 4.
needtolearn
oh ok so does that mean he was just too lazy or didnt have the money to get it painted right?

hmm where does it say its 4 speed..? Thanks for the help smile.gif
SwissFerdi
EDIT: I completely misread that...what an idiot. Don't know what I thought I was reading.
Nartanian
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 8, 2009 - 11:13 PM) *
I'm Selling My 1995 Toyota Celica GT Stick Shift 4CYL

Right there. The automatics are 4 speed, the manuals are 5.

Do you mean that the bumper looks/is faded?

I think he means to say 4 cylinder. Car doesn't look to bad. I think it would be best to go there and see it in person 1st. Maybe run a carfax.
SwissFerdi
^ You're right, I completely misread that...what an idiot. Don't know what I thought I was reading.
delusionz
thats a gt-four front bumper, the bonnet is stock.

the bonnet will be very hard to open because the bumper is raised in the middle so when the stock bonnet pops up there wont be much space to stick ur fingers under.

if you get a gt-four bonnet to match you'll have a problem again with the latch being too low and needing to be extended otherwise it could fly up when driving.

dont let these things deter you, this would have been a project the last owner didn't get around to completing. Just use your DIY skills.
needtolearn
thanks for the help guys I appreciate it I think im going to go with this though
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/1405468292.html
its local and I can get it checked out immediately its not a hatch though but its perfect what do you guys think?
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (delusionz @ Oct 9, 2009 - 1:04 AM) *
thats a gt-four front bumper, the bonnet is stock.

the bonnet will be very hard to open because the bumper is raised in the middle so when the stock bonnet pops up there wont be much space to stick ur fingers under.

if you get a gt-four bonnet to match you'll have a problem again with the latch being too low and needing to be extended otherwise it could fly up when driving.

dont let these things deter you, this would have been a project the last owner didn't get around to completing. Just use your DIY skills.

But look at the first pic, the bumper seems to be flush with the hood...then again, it looks a bit faded so he might've done some work to it to make it flush?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.