Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check engine light went off...?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
johnnehh
Well, right after I put on the header and got rid of the cat (few months ago), the check engine light came on.

My friends who helped me put it on said that it was normal, and you just need a special piece in order to turn it off.

I didn't think it was a big deal, so I just left it, and checked the warning message every other day to make sure nothing was seriously wrong.

I have tried clearing it, but every time the computer runs a scan it comes back on.

Well I started my car yesterday after school and the check engine light didn't come on... I thought okay, I just have to drive around for a bit and it'll be back.

Nope. Still not on.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Just wanna make sure my celi doesn't catch on fire and explode, yadigg? laugh.gif
samir0189
the computer does self tests at xx? intervals, and if it senses that nothing is wrong anymore it will turn off the light by itself. thumbsup.gif
johnnehh
QUOTE (samir0189 @ Oct 20, 2009 - 9:24 AM) *
the computer does self tests at xx? intervals, and if it senses that nothing is wrong anymore it will turn off the light by itself. thumbsup.gif

But everything is exactly the same as when it was on...

I just don't get how it can just randomly turn off, haha. Obviously it's mis-scanning something, because I don't have a cat anymore.
epocsirhc
possibly the bulb burnt it self out. We were just going over what turns cel's off in my advanced engine performance class last night. However your car doesn't seem to follow the norm. What year is it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.