Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new rims and need opinion on emANAGE BLUE VS BLITZ ECU
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
mk7celica
sO i GOT MY METH KIT IN AND i THROW A CODE 52/ KNOCK SENSOR. So I am waiting on a ats gm knock sensor kit. So mods as of today.
ct20-b
full 3inch exhaust
3 inch dp
twos r us mbc
cool mist water/ meth kit
ats tb inlet
air intake
light weight flywheel
ats knock sensor kit
kyb struts all the way around ( just installed the other 2 and the car sits very high dont even look lowered hope it settles.) and springs lowered 2 inches
stage 2 clutch
aem afr wide band
motor mount inserts
ats bored fuel pressure regulator

So I bought a emanage blue and a blitz access ecu. My question is which would be better for my setup. As far as tuning the emanage I can get that done.
Out of a emanage blue and a blitz ecu with boost at max 18psi which would you run?
Tune for emanage is $120 an 180 for pnp harness $300 total. an if I go with the blitz ecu I have to repin it or get a adaptor harness from dr tweak for $170.
So the ecu would save me money but if the emanage would make more power would it be worth the more more I would have to spend?

Also sold mt rims and new ones should be here tommorow I will post pics. I am going to run a sort of stagared tire set up. Up front will be 225/45/17 and rear 235/40/17. I want a wider tire in the rear. What do you guys think?
bccentaur3
so tuning is 170 an hour? Or just 170 to get the job done? I doubt its 170. The problem with the emanage is that people run into issues running that on a 3sgte. I would rather go with the blitz tuned ecu and call it a day.
lagos
After all those emails, you still haven't installed that thing? lol
Either way, I think its time to visit a dyno and find out why you are knocking hard enough to blow the knock sensor! Definitely not a good sign.
Harold_Fastwaker
Neither.

Would have gone with the Emanage Ultimate.

nothing wrong with staggered wheels, I run them as well.
mk7celica
Yea I figured out what wires to repin but I can not get them out the plug. I dont want to mess the wires up pulling on them. Josh is going to make me pnp adaptor harness for a 1991 ecu to 1993. This way I can always get a 1991-1992- mr2 ems and just plug it right in.

As far as tuning its a friend. All he tunes is emanage and cheaper methods of tuning. He has a 500+ hp supra he tunes many of his friends cars far cheaper. He has tuned mr2 turbos with emanage blue so I trust he knows what he is doing.

I am going to order the adaptor harness and then go to the dyno. Then go from there.
mk7celica
QUOTE (Harold_Fastwaker @ Oct 30, 2009 - 1:28 PM) *
Neither.

Would have gone with the Emanage Ultimate.

nothing wrong with staggered wheels, I run them as well.

Man I would have had my rims today but my dad slept though the fedex man coming to the house. I did get 2 of my new tires though. Now I have to wait to monday to see how my rims look in person. And on the tire situation I had 215/45/17 before and I ordered 225/45/17 and from the way they look there not much different. So these on the front and for the rear I cant decide what size. I want it the widest that will fit on a 8 inch rim in a 40 series. 235 or 255 I see 275 on mustangs and they are wide and not that tall of a profile. Any ideas on a godd size for the rear widest possible.
mk7celica
They sent the wrong rims. I really dont like them as much. Not sure If I am going to keep them or what. Not sure If they have the ones I wanted. They sent these:

And I was suppose to be these:

Big difference Let me know what you think
Kiamycelica
****ing get them on the phone and give em hell. the ones on the 350 are tits!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.