Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ((1.6)) question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
TerBeau
i found 1988 prizm with a 1.6 litre and im assuming this can fit a trecel. but will this fit in my 96 celica? i didnt buy it yet. but the lady wasnt to sure if it was a 5afe or a 4afe. will this work in my car for now? oh and my 96 celica is the st no the gt so the wiring is for a 7afe.
Demios
The 5A is a long stroke kit made from HKS for the 4A O.O did u mean 5S-FE?
TerBeau
QUOTE (Demios @ Nov 5, 2009 - 10:27 AM) *
The 5A is a long stroke kit made from HKS for the 4A O.O did u mean 5S-FE?

haha opps yea. too much on my mind. i need this motor so i have a snow car for this winter. because i just got my 94 back from the body shop and dont want that getting all beat up. but you familiar with the 88 1.6?
Mstoochn
yes the mounting of the 4a and 7a-fe are the same, i do believe you will need the wiring harness and ecu. fairly plug and play

is this a 4a-fe or 4a-ge? u may be able to use the same harness with the FE head
95CelicaST
If I recall correctly, Aaron (Blakout16?) Was running a 4AFE on 7A wiring and ECU without a problem.

And your 7A transmission will bolt directly to the 4A motor. It's all the same.
TerBeau
well thanks for all the input. i wen tto go look at this motor and so happens that he had a 7afe motor sittin under his work bench and bout that for 50 bucks haha. motor and trans great buy.. just needs the block plained and new head gasket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.