Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rally Asfalto rims only for rally?????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
drumbum
I am really wanting these rims but do not know if they will work for road use. What does rally only mean??? Or is that the series they are in. I think these would look sweet on my white celica gt. Any have any info on them if these will work for everyday use?

Also will 18' look too ricey???
nics
i like it but thats hard to clean.
CastrolCelica
QUOTE (nics @ Dec 5, 2009 - 7:38 PM) *

A pain yes, but sooo worth it. Trust me.

Btw, where did you find these?
flyinglizard
They are not for rally only, they just happen to be O.Z. rally wheels.

Penkka

thats silver superleggeras which are almost the same.. Superturismos kinda came to fill the place superleggeras left.
yarik83
In many ways sometimes it is cheaper to purchase different brand wheels that look identical to one you want but at 1/2 the cost and have local paint shop paint them.

On one of my old celi's I had Motegi FF6 which were discontinued.. and of course I bent a rim and had to track down another one. I found another brand wheel that looked exactly the same but was different color. I had it shipped to me and painted at MAACO. Not one person I asked could tell the difference. But err those OZ things are pretty smexy. They are actively used in WRC competition.
Penkka
plus the good thing about OZ-rims are that they are really light. 16"x7" weights 6,6kg ~ 14,5 pounds.
And thats really light for the money!
windowlicker
typically the rally wheels are a lot stronger due to the abuse they are intended for, thus they will be more expensive. volk makes a gravel spec version of the te37 and comes in limited sizes as well as costs more than the te37 that everyone buys. i don't know why they would say rally only because you will be able to use them like any other wheel. they do look pretty sweet and i would say go for it if you have the money and really like them. now if only i loved my celica enough to put real rally wheels on it, too bad i don't and that the 7th gen gt wheels i have work just fine in rallycross.
drumbum

Like just scrub really hard or do you need something special ??????

QUOTE (flyinglizard @ Dec 5, 2009 - 10:43 PM) *
They are not for rally only, they just happen to be O.Z. rally wheels.

Also are these 17"
azian_advanced
those look like 17s to me.
windowlicker
QUOTE (drumbum @ Dec 6, 2009 - 8:53 PM) *

Like just scrub really hard or do you need something special ??????

if you do get them, just get a good wheel brush and a wheel cleaner that is designed for painted wheels. i know meguiars has some that works pretty damn well, just becareful not to get the one for chrome wheels as it is not good for the paint. i think what the other guy was refering to is the fact that the spokes are close together and that it will be hard to get in between to get em clean. soft long bristles on the brush should work well and not scratch the hell out of the paint.
drumbum
Does anyone know of any off-brand wheels that look similar to these rims.

or mainly just white wheels that are 18''

Also is there anything bad about off-brand wheels?

If anyone has some pics would be great, because i couldnt find any off-brand ones online
Promasta
Tenzo makes a few white 18" wheels in the 5x100 pattern.
http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=wheels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.