Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celica 2gr fe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Success21
Hey guys I bought a 96 celica a couple months ago. I want to do a 2grfe motor swap. I was wondering if any of you guys would like to take part because I don't have that much knowledge of motor swaps. Nor do I have enough money to pay Someone to do the swap. I'm looking around for a 07-09 camry full front clip with everything except the body panels. Once I get the front clip on my hands I'm goin to start the swap let me know.

Btw I live in mass near Worcester
njccmd2002
a camry v6 engine? why.

the cost will be high, you say dont have money, no experience, so why not just go with the other engines were people can really help you...

just think this, custom motor mounts, will you be able to make them, custom axles, custom exhaust. the list goes on..

Yes it probably can be done around 10K
BonzaiCelica
ya that swap will cost you so much! im guessing somewhere around $8,000 if not more.
Mstoochn
3vz-fe!!! tongue.gif the 2gr is toooo new for the celica, trying to retrofit the engine and electronic components would be just a bloody mess of replacing every electrical feature in the car from the dashboard forward.
Bitter
MZ series swap with less effort.
nics
yes mz series. 1mzfe go for it!
Smaay
yes 1MZ-FE is the best engien for the 6th gen
FunkySR
log on to celica-club.co.uk

it's been done with the MZ
presure2
Nevermind the haters and naysayers.
Hit mr2oc and start doing research. It's been done over there several times and is a great swap that can put down 275+whp with an intake and exhaust.
It's definetly not gonna be an easy swap, especially for a beginner, but it's far from impossible.
When the time comes I would be at least down for one solid day of work, I'm around 1.5 hrs away, but I know a couple mr2 guys that are more local that would prolly be willing to lend a hand.
First thing I would do is talk to Tweak about the wiring, and start researching the DBW system and mounts.
I've been saying for a while now that I would love to do one of those swaps, but I'm WAY to broke to even think about it... Lol
it's definetly a 7k+ swap.
BonzaiCelica
seems like a hefty task!

i would rather go with a 3sge beams blacktop 207 hp with 160lb of torque...
Success21
QUOTE (presure2 @ Dec 21, 2009 - 6:26 PM) *
Nevermind the haters and naysayers.
Hit mr2oc and start doing research. It's been done over there several times and is a great swap that can put down 275+whp with an intake and exhaust.
It's definetly not gonna be an easy swap, especially for a beginner, but it's far from impossible.
When the time comes I would be at least down for one solid day of work, I'm around 1.5 hrs away, but I know a couple mr2 guys that are more local that would prolly be willing to lend a hand.
First thing I would do is talk to Tweak about the wiring, and start researching the DBW system and mounts.
I've been saying for a while now that I would love to do one of those swaps, but I'm WAY to broke to even think about it... Lol
it's definetly a 7k+ swap.

Thanks dude. I'll try and talk to him. ik it's going to be a decient investment. It would probably be double if I asked a shop to do it. I'm hoping my friends dad will help he teaches automotive at a vocational school near me. After the new year I'm going to start really hard on the research. I just have alot going on right now. Sick car btw can't wait till mine is on the road!!
BonzaiCelica
get a supercharged 2gr-fe from the trd aurion that thing looks cool!! probably too much power for the celica!
Success21
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Dec 23, 2009 - 5:18 PM) *
get a supercharged 2gr-fe from the trd aurion that thing looks cool!! probably too much power for the celica!

yea I have thought about that but having 400+hp at the front wheels is pretty pointless for street use I think if I boosted I would love to go awd
njccmd2002
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 20, 2009 - 8:58 PM) *
a camry v6 engine? why.

the cost will be high, you say dont have money, no experience, so why not just go with the other engines were people can really help you...

just think this, custom motor mounts, will you be able to make them, custom axles, custom exhaust. the list goes on..

Yes it probably can be done around 10K

lol, the worst advice ever..... i ate it up myself!

.... im researching for something else and i come across this! ....
Box
And you had the balls to bump it up for everyone to see the irony of your post. laugh.gif
cheela
laugh.gif laugh.gif

you just wanted to be the first to say I did it. tongue.gif
njccmd2002
nope, technically I don't know if I was the first to finish. the other dude in Alabama has pics as of nov 2015 of the car finished. which is right around the time I finished the brakes. so not really sure. it does not matter.

he used a scion tc transmission, and scion tc axles. he is also using nos. and having fun....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.