Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: red vs pink antifreeze
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Hanyo
yes i know, another antfreeze question.

But anyone know what the difference between red an the pink antifreeze by toyota?

Can you mix red from the pink? I know the pink stuff comes in prediluted, where as the red can come as full strength.

Let me know what you guys think?
FunkySR
never mix the two. I use Red.
nics
use the red one. the pink is designed for newer cars but u can use it too. dealer told me use red.
Mstoochn
as its supose to be a 50/50 mix, the pink stuff is more like 35/65 cuz they are cheap bastards..... if u use the red stuff your better off lol
96stgreendemon
i use green, seems to work for me
delusionz
Red concentrate, 3X 1L bottles.

The mix you do depends on if and how you drain / flush the system.

The entire system is 5L, approximately 3 - 4 of those Liters are within the radiator itself, the rest in the pipes and the engine.

If you use water to flush the engine with the thermostat removed then you'll have around about a Liter of water in the system, In which case you should pour all 3 containers of concentrate into the system and top up the rest with water.

If you're just draining the radiator through the drain plug and not flushing out the whole system then you should premix 50/50 concentrate/water in a measuring jug before you pour it in.

Toyota LLC Red stuff is good, the cheap stuff boils over in extreme conditions.
96stgreendemon
ok "extreme conditions" nope none of those for my car its a 7afe, now if it were turbo'd then i might switch, but good ol green works for me
delusionz
I don't know about freezing conditions though, I've never owned a car in a place that snowed.

Safe to bet Toyota LLC also has a lower freezing point in addition to the higher boiling point compared with the cheap stuff.

Toyota LLC is also designed to be anti corrosive with ALL the types of metals used in a Toyota engine, not just some.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.