Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6G Santa
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Echothunder
Hi all,

So I aquired a 94' Celica St Lift back, has a new motor in it and a new front end.
Alot of cosmetic trouble, dents in every corner, and a new hood that the forest got to before paint.

My challenge to get this baby on the road and driving by Xmas so i can sneek it up to the house on Eve n put a bow on it.

The Hood- Im sanding tomorrow after I take it off the car, and hopefully priming it, then shooting it black as a temp.
The Front Bumper/Headlight cabin- New, installed, also not painted.. Dare I try to mask on the car and shoot it too? How hard is it to put back on after I take it off (ya me n body work are monkey and a football)
The Rear Bumber corners both dented, looked like I might be able to pop one out easy the other well see.

Desperate to find, a driverside headlight assembly. Tis smashed in and broken, left front quater panel was new too, its damged, I might be able to pull n pop it,

So over all, I needed to get this as it has a new motor and a heater with defroster, my gals acura had neither heater nor defroster.. not great
Did I mention we have a 7 mos old son? William aka Billy. Thus,, I needed a better car for them..

When I got it it had 2 14" rims on the front with 185/70/14's and 2 spare donuts on the back.
Thanks to CL and a kind man I aquired 4 16" wheels with 205/50/16's , 5 x 100 so fun to try to find lol.

Up to now she runs great, looks rough, wheels helped alot even industrial steelies.
And I have a large back of sand paper, primer, paint, tail light bulbs, wiper blades etc....

Tips, suggestions, resources, parts, cheering are all welcome.

I can see this is the beginning of a long fun project.

delusionz
Any photos, What it started out like? What it is now? Etc

Oh and welcome btw
richee3
Wow, sounds like you've really got your work cut out for you to get it ready by Christmas. Hey, even if it isn't perfect before then, you can still show her the car and say "I know it's not finished, but I'll get it done." It's the thought that counts, and the effort you are putting into the car for her. Good luck! I'm pulling for you. I really hope you get it done.
Random_Stranger
If you can get it done by Christmas, you got skills! Merry Christmas, hope you get it done in time.
lilgreenyoda
Good luck broski
Echothunder
Dudes, you all rock,
I appreciate your comments its keeping me motivated, not that playing Santa isnt but...
Were also in the process of moving before xmas. Thats its own story.

Pics soon to come, I havent been able to sneak over to it in day light yet.

oo couple quick questions as I start the hood...

its raw metal never painted, with 6 mos or more of rain and rush spots popin up..

Wet sand or Dry? I picked up 220grain and 800g sand papers appropriate?

ty much
well met and thanks!
cant wait to meet you all.
CelicaST_CALI
UPDATE!???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.