Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Transmission gear ratio's
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bdog_v
Hello I have been searchiing for a while now and can't find the exact specs on what the gear ratios are for my 94 celica's gt 5 speed gearbox?

Also what is the transmission called? Is it a C56?

I can't find the specs anywhere.........

I am trying to compare it the MR2's gear ratios for a possible swap......

Thanks.....
808celica
http://www.6gc.net/information/9
Remy
94-99 Celica GT tranny is S54
94-99 Celica ST tranny is C52

bdog_v
Thanks guys I can't believe the specs where here all along. As for the e153 there is a sticky article on this website stating how to install it. I don't understand why it wouldn't work?????

thanks....
Mstoochn
QUOTE (bdog_v @ Dec 24, 2009 - 11:40 PM) *
Thanks guys I can't believe the specs where here all along. As for the e153 there is a sticky article on this website stating how to install it. I don't understand why it wouldn't work?????

thanks....

e153 works fine, its a fairly easy install. you just need a new set of shifter cables and st185 out/mr2 half shafts for axles.
BonzaiCelica
c56 tranny has an lsd and comes from the toyota levin with 4age blacktop, which is not compatible with the s series motors like the 5sfe and 3sge.
Remy
QUOTE (Mstoochn @ Dec 25, 2009 - 3:56 AM) *
QUOTE (bdog_v @ Dec 24, 2009 - 11:40 PM) *

thanks....

e153 works fine, its a fairly easy install. you just need a new set of shifter cables and st185 out/mr2 half shafts for axles.

Yeah ur right it will work but I think the gears are longer for the e153 and like stated u need custom axles. I just don't think u want to go through all that for lsd when u can just put one in your s54 and don't have to deal with the axle problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.