Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head cc for 7A-FE head
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
OOBE
Hey guys, I went to the PRI in Florida and ordered my pistons from CP, but they need the deck height and the combustion chamber cc of the 7A-FE head. I gave them the rest of the info they needed, like valve size, bore, etc., and they're waiting on these details. I have looked everywhere online and I haven't found anything, and I don't have time to pull the head out and use the syringe method to find out the size of the combustion chamber. Anyone has that info? This is holding me back. If I can't find it, I'll ask them if they would accept a stock piston so they can measure it and do my pistons. Thanks in advance. kindasad.gif
Bitter
i've never heard great things about CP...and being that they make pistons why wouldnt they have that info on hand?
OOBE
They don't make pistons for the 7A-FE, brother man. smile.gif These are custom, not off the shelf, so they need all the info to build them from scratch. Why would they have info from an engine they don't work on? tongue.gif My tuner runs CP in all his cars and a lot of buddies of mine and they haven't had any problems. I have seen the pistons after being run hard. No problems. We have a lot of CP love here.
Hafkai
I measured it some time ago, iirc it was 34cc.
Bitter
maybe its just every set they've made for the 6G72's that are crap then.

why not shop around and find a company that has made 7afe pistons in the past and go with them? i'm sure if you browse through the forced induction section here you'll find whom others have used. JE and Wisco come to mind as great companies. if you're wanting higher compression then use 4A-GE pistons, they almost drop right into place and cost less and are available in a wide variety of compression ranges from higher than stock to pretty sure lower than stock. they've been used with the 7afe many times before so they're know to work.
Mstoochn
you dont want CP 7a pistons bro, you want 4a pistons. sorry if someone alrdy mentioned this, im on an itouch atm.
Pauter is another option
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.