Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jet Chip or Safc2
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
hyp3rk1d
Ok... Right now my car is stock... the Dr. CAI is on its way and should be arriving soon... i plan on getting the greddy sp or sp2 (which ever i can get) when spring rolls around... i would like to get a header.. but i was told i cant because i wouldnt pass emissions and such... So what else do u guys suggest i do to my car for more performance?? i have a 94 auto st... Do you think the jet chip would be good or the safc2... i have no place around here to dyno either.. so help me out here guys smile.gif
rlan214
neither
if your in a tight budget
Drocay
If no Dyno No safc2 because if u don't tune it right u can mess somthing up bad.
Digndoug
Get a better, faster car....thats not auto
hyp3rk1d
no iam good seein as i got this car for free and its sexy as hell smile.gif

Ne way.. so u said if i dont have a dyno around here then dont get the SAFC2 so should i get the jet chip?? or should i get the SAFC2 and play around with it until its golden????????
Drocay
Getting a chip will be waste of money unless u have some mods before u get it and have them tune the chip to it. and as for the SAFC2 it will be hard to get it golden before u accidently mess up your car from running to rich or to lean.
hyp3rk1d
hmm.. well what do u guys suggest i do?? lol i should be gettin the CAI in very very soon.. and as soon as winter is out of the way the exhaust will be on... what other mods do u guys suggest?
jayi12-15psi
I suggest find a dyno, and get the safc2, where abouts do you live, maybe someone can help you find a dyno
hyp3rk1d
i live in the Berkshires... North East....

Digndoug
What exactly is the safc2?? what does it do?, how much ??
van95st
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Nov 5, 2003 - 1:16 PM)
What exactly is the safc2?? what does it do?, how much ??

yeah i was wondering the same thing, hear about 'em alot. and is it completely out of the question without a dyno? i'd be lucky if they have one in anchorage wich is 350 mi. and 6-8 hour drive away. frown.gif
SiKBOY
yeh its pretty much a waste of money if you dont dyno tune it. Eventually the SAFC will pay for itself because Celicas run rich out of the factory which means that its dumping too much fuel than it should. With most of the tuning with the SAFC, you will probably be cutting back certain percentages of fuel within the rev range depending on what mods you have done.

My 5sfe ran way too rich and now that I have it tuned, the car is putting out more kilowatts and torque and also its running more efficiently. I am getting about 50 kms more out of a tank than normal. If its freeway driving I am saving more fuel.

I have dyno chart somewhere on the boards. Try a search to see what gains I got from the SAFC dyno tune.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.