Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NGK Ignition wire set - I'm confused
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
reko
It's for my GT-S 1994 (5SFE)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NGK-Spark-Plug-Wires-To...=item27addc65ff

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NGK-Spark-Plug-Wires-To...=item27ae8371a9

The lenghts are different.... and one includes coil wire... but they both fit my 1994? WTF

TE44 8130 & 8131? Can anyone tells me the difference?

I'm confused honnestly.... I did a quick search on google but haven't been able to find anything specific...

Which one should I get?
Mstoochn
...well one says (94-99 celica, rav4)

using common logic and the other one saying 92-96 camry celica...

which one would YOU go with... pending which one states its specific for a particular car of all years vs the other which is kind of a toss up which may or may not work

plus its got the coil wire that u need, if your engine is USDM, it will have that coil wire
Spider77
Well, if you have a coil wire, get the one that has a coil wire. And if you dont, then get the other one. But if you want to make 100% sure, measure your old wires. But the difference in length on those wires is more or less an inch.
Remy
According to ngk's official website you want the TE43 for a 94 GT non-cali spec 2.2l.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/part_finder/c...lt.asp?mode=nml
terbear4god4life
each wire is a lil longer due to the distributor being in a fixed place and the plugs in a row. i had a coil wire on my distributor than had to go to a shop and they replaced it with one that only had the 4 wires. just look and buy appropriately.

personally i don't think they add anything i have ngk laser iridium plugs and wires and if theirs anything its in the high end range.
reko
QUOTE (terbear4god4life @ Feb 2, 2010 - 3:17 PM) *
each wire is a lil longer due to the distributor being in a fixed place and the plugs in a row. i had a coil wire on my distributor than had to go to a shop and they replaced it with one that only had the 4 wires. just look and buy appropriately.

personally i don't think they add anything i have ngk laser iridium plugs and wires and if theirs anything its in the high end range.

Yeah I know but I have 90$ pending in my paypal account, I need ignition wires and besides NGK, all I can found on eBay is cheep knockoffs... which is the reason why I wanna go with NGK... plus, here, the ignition wires costs 117$ so... the choice isn't really hard to make!

@ Remy : Thank you!!!! I tried looking on the NGK website but was in a hurry and couldn't find anything! Thank you so much! I'll give you good rep
Spider77
Yeah, just stay away from Nology "cool wires".....had a big issue with them when I had two that wouldnt seat properly...although they looked nice, but in the end fell apart like any other wire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.