Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake Pipes
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
trdproven
What do you guys think fit our engine bay to make a short RAM intake but with 3" pipe. The accord looks like it does for the short ram but most use it as a CAI. Basically, I'm looking at the accord and civic, the shape seems to clear in the engine bay. IDK perhaps there is a another car that will fit as well. I already have a 2.5" INJEN intake but want to upgrade. I'd prefer to find an intake that is 3" piping and brand named that will fit though.

im doing research to see if this works below.
Link to Ebay
cheela
I've got an intake from a civic but the pipe goes all the way towards the battery. not too bad though. works fine for me.
trdproven
QUOTE (cheela @ Feb 15, 2010 - 6:07 PM) *
I've got an intake from a civic but the pipe goes all the way towards the battery. not too bad though. works fine for me.

do you have pics, perhaps you can cut it to shorten.
BonzaiCelica
pm replied. i have a thread on my intake before and after I made it to a short ram intake. Ill try to find the thread
cheela
here's the pic of my intake, it's from my bro's 95 civic. It's just a little longer than I'd want it but since mine didn't have the battery bolt down, it works fine. I'm sure you can just cut it off a little and it'd go right to where the stock box was.

Spider77
Looks a bit phallic.....
trdproven
QUOTE (cheela @ Feb 16, 2010 - 7:23 AM) *
here's the pic of my intake, it's from my bro's 95 civic. It's just a little longer than I'd want it but since mine didn't have the battery bolt down, it works fine. I'm sure you can just cut it off a little and it'd go right to where the stock box was.

thats what I thought that a civic worked just needed the year, did you cut out a hole for the MAP sensor?
Your pic does show it works, its just that it looks real plain with the straight pipe. but yea thats 1 idea I can use and then cut and add an angled piece.
cheela
since civic intakes are meant to be on the other side, it's is actually on the bottom of the intake since our celicas intake is on opposite side. It's the red tubing sticking out on the bottom.
trdproven
Ive realized that different filters have different sounds. even the length of the pipe and positioning of the filter on the pipe makes a difference. I thought it was only me until i kept testing and testing and realized the differences were consistent. does the 3" vs 2.5" piping have a different sound? and when I say different sounds means it changes the sound of my exhaust as well. I guess in eventually exits
cheela
I'm pretty sure 3in would sound better?/louder than 2.5in, and yes filters make a hell of a difference. Changing to the filter I had was like a totally different intake was on. much more air and power than my old one.
trdproven
thats why I never like the injen intake that I have. Thinking of selling it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.